Answer
arete
Dry flaky hairline
(0) Hearts

I've been experiencing dry flaky skin around my hairline lately. I have color treated hair and wash my hair every other day. I am looking for a shampoo and conditioner to fix it!

I don't experience any itchiness or see flakes on the rest of my scalp... I'm thinking its just dry skin or a mild form of dandruff. Any suggestions?

I've read great things about Bumble and Bumble Seaweed shampoo & conditioner... But is this the right product for me?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
projill
Answered

There could be a few reasons why you are experiencing this flakiness.  It could be a mild psoriasis or a reaction to what you are using.  Since it is only around your hairline and not your entire scalp, you may want to double check with your doctor to see if you need something more to treat it.

I would recommend using a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner, or at least one with minimal sulfates.  Sometimes sulfates can dry out the scalp and cause the skin to flake.

Bumble and Bumble Seaweed Shampoo and Conditioner is great and does help with dandruff and scalp health.  

I also think you should check out Alterna Shampoo and Conditioner as they are sulfate free.  There are many different products within the line to promote volume or shine or anti-frizz, so choose which would best suit your hair type.  Make sure you are shampooing and conditioning your scalp too to ensure overall scalp health.

You can also add Josie Maran Argan Oil to the areas that are flaking as this will help nourish the skin and prevent more flaking.

xoxo

Jill

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • projill
    • arete