Dry/Cakey Foundation

AshleyWangen

Dry/Cakey Foundation

My skin is driving me crazy! Whenever I put my foundation on you can tell-looks dry/cakey in a way. I have used the matt velvet and boscia, applied with the beauty blender. I also use the OH walnut exfoliator and GlamGlow thirsty mud. I do moisturize and prime.

lylysa

Re: Dry/Cakey Foundation

(0) Hearts

If your skin is combination but your overall goal is still for a dewy look, my above response still stands that using a matte finish foundation to aid in oil/shine will still not yield a dewy look.

If your shade was not available in the HD category, try Smashbox's Liquid Halo, it offers light to medium coverage, is oil free, and the gel-encapsulated pigments wear very well on combination skin as to not feel weighted. Optical diffusers provide a soft focus finish on skin to give you that dewy, supple finish. Pair that with a silicone based primer so you can manage shine on that aspect rather than with your foundation.

AshleyWangen

(0) Hearts

Smashbox Primer and BB

Exfoliating every 2-3 days- my skin is very smooth and looks healthy until I put on foundation. 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Which Smashbox primer in particular are you using?

What moisturizer do you use? Since the OH Walnut Scrub is a physical exfoliant, you might consider cutting usage down to 1-2x a week to see if that helps.

Is there a particular reason you're using the MUFE Velvet Matte foundation? The look and finish that it gives along with the Boscia BB cream are two different facets. Do you have a preference in finish and coverage you want?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Which is the primer that you use?

Which product from Boscia do you/have you used in particular? Is it the BB cream you're referring to?

How often do you exfoliate and are you using harsh pressure or pressing against skin in a rough manner when using the Ole Henriksen Walnut Exfoliator?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • lylysa
    • jaxin
    • alome
    • laurabt
    • beauty4ashes