Does BB Cream replace moisturizer or should I be using both?

I am using Dr. Jart's BB Premium cream along with Perricone's face finishing moisturizer. As I'm in school now paying my own way, do I need a moisturzier with a BB cream? Is there a cheaper moisturizer than Perricone that you can recommend if I should use both? Perricone is great, but far too pricey for me at this point. Thanks!

Answers: 2
[ Edited ]

Hi rubythursday,

Although Beauty Balms do have some moisturizing benefits it is important to still be using daily moisturizer to ensure that your skin is staying hydrated Smiley Happy. One of my favorite moisturizers to use on conjunction with my BB creams is the Korres Wild Rose 24 Hour Moisturizing & Brightening Cream. First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer is a wonderful product to use before BB cream applications too!

Korres - Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizing & Brightening Cream First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer

Whimsically yours,

I agree with Janine, though BB creams do help moisturize, they're considered more of a cosmetic grade product than a skin care product. Use a light weight lotion underneath so you won't feel like you're wearing too much on the skin.

What about the Perricone moisturizer did you like? Give us some of your wants/needs in terms of moisturizer and we can recommend some new ones that can also wear well under your BB cream.

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 8 hearts
  • 3 in conversation