shesayz0217

Do any makeup lines have shades for very pale white/yellow skin tones?

I'm Irish and Native American. When I was born my Mom said I had "peaches and cream" skin. I really am VERY light, but slightly yellow. The only time my skin is pink is when its irritated or sunburned. So I know porcelain/pink and neutral/beige shades look too pink on me. But then, most yellow shades are too yellowy/orangey. Whats a pale girl to do?

btmod2

Re: Do any makeup lines have shades for very pale white/yellow skin tones?

Hi shesayz0217,

You may want to try the NARS Sheer Glow or Sheer Matte Foundation. The shade Siberia has yellow undertones but is for very fair skin tones. It is also one of my favorite brands for foundations and concealers. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

SirenPrincess

Bobbi Brown alabaster could be a good option for you.  The color can vary by formulation so if one seems off, ask to try a different formulation.  The long-wear is the warmest and darkest of their formulas.

SydBristow

Omg me too! I was in the sun a LOT as a kid so I actually get tan more easily now instead of burning (although I try to stay out of the sun now that I know better).

I definitely have the light skin with yellow undertones, but I may not be as pale as you. I use Lorac Natural performance foundation, NP1 is a bit light for me, NP2 is great. I think I'm an Urban Decay 3.5 or 4.0 in their liquid makeup, and I also use Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation in Cream Ivory. I think they may have one or two shades now that are lighter but I'm not positive.

Not sure if this helps. Good luck!

mpas

I know illamasqua skin base has a white option.  They may have the variety your looking for. 

ladymeag

[ Edited ]

I am very fair (1Y01, MAC NC5 to NC10) with neutral-to-slightly-yellow undertones. Neutral foundations that lean pink look terrible on me (Koh Gen Do, Chantecaille Future Skin.) NARS Siberia is slightly too dark on my skin but has yellow-leaning undertones - Sheer Glow is yellower than Sheer Matte, IMO. Ellis Faas in S101 is similar to Siberia but a little more peaches than bananas in undertone color - its not pink at all but it isn't the same kind of yellow that Siberia is. In my experience, Bobbi Brown foundations are also yellow-leaning but Alabaster isn't that much lighter than Siberia (if that turns out to be too dark for you.) Urban Decay's Naked foundation has a kind of orange-y tone and is about two shades too dark for me in the 0.5. The MUFE line leans pink general, IMO. 

I was using Kat Von D's Light 42 but that shade has been discontinued - I'm currently using and love Jane Iredale's BB1 and Ivory Pure Pressed.

missrmessner

I agree with Tarte. I'm also very pale, but with pink undertones. All of their foundations that I've tried have been light enough, but far too yellow for my skin. Also, you may want to look into a NARS foundation. The color Siberia is very light but with yellow undertones. They have a bunch of different formulas, so you can choose one based on your preference and skin type. 

IAmLadyLiterary

I second Tarte, they have a great range of both pink and yellow undertones in very light shades.  Plus they are more natural and have lots of different types of foundation, from BB creams, to the most incredible powder foundation, to a really lovely full coverage mouse-liquid foundation.  

kbmatthews

Oooh, you lucky bum. What I would give to have peaches 'n cream fair skin rather than my uber pink!

What kind of coverage are you going for?

Neutral *should* be decent on you... maybe the brand you tried pulled too much to the pink side, or the yellow's oxidized too much once applied. I'd suggest going in and testing them right on you, and leave it on for a few minutes to see if it changes colour once set. 

Some lines carry a great variety of foundation with different undertones (like MUFE, Cover FX, and UB).

http://www.sephora.com/hd-invisible-cover-foundation-P217905?skuId=1096908

http://www.sephora.com/total-cover-cream-foundation-P376285?skuId=1465681

http://www.sephora.com/naked-weightless-ultra-definition-liquid-makeup-P374830?skuId=1434919

shesayz0217

(0) Hearts

Thank You! :smileyvery-happy:

I have tried quite a few MakeUpForEver options, the neutral shades are okay. But if you compare them to my neck and chest, then you can see that my body is white/yellow and my face is pinkish with neutrals on. So even though they're workable, I'm just looking for recommendations on products that might be a better match for me :smileyhappy: And you're right, yellow shades oxidize horribly on my oily skin! LOL

kbmatthews

I found Tarte oxidized too much for me, but the Naked and Cover FX didn't at all. Hopefully you find your perfect match! :smileyhappy:

jozkid

How much coverage do you need? I'm kind of pink, but I use Nars tinted moisturizer in Alaska (their second lightest) which is most definitely yellow-tinted. Covers much like a BB/CC Cream.

shesayz0217

(0) Hearts

I have oily skin and am acne prone, so I like full coverage :smileyhappy:

tracygirl64

Tarte Cosmetics does. Have you checked them out at all?

shesayz0217

(0) Hearts

No I haven't. Do they have full coverage options?

tracygirl64

Yes! They have their Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation. I love it! :smileyhappy:

http://www.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-12-hour-full-coverage-foundation-spf-15-P302918?skuId=1534783

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • shesayz0217
    • mpas
    • tracygirl64
    • ladymeag
    • missrmessner