mooremakeup12

Dire need of mascara that gives volume, length, and holds a curl!!

Hi! I have short, very straight, and thin lashes. Any non waterproof mascara does not hold a curl at all and smears onto my upper and lower lids throughout the day. I don't like taking off waterproof mascara everyday because it hurts. I've tried Benefit They're Real and it's super wet and didn't hold a curl whatsoever. I've tried so many drugstore brands that I'm willing to pay whatever to get a mascara that will actually give me volume, length, and most importantly, holds a CURL! Suggestions please?! Thank you very much!! 

dselbak

Re: Dire need of mascara that gives volume, length, and holds a curl!!

(0) Hearts

I am OBSESSED with my mascara... no really. Like, I may never wear mascara again if they stop making it. 

Lancome Hypnose (not drama... not oscilating... just Hypnose!).

hypnose.jpg

I've gotten samples and tried at least a dozen other mascaras and NOTHING compared. I haven't tried the waterproof one as I don't like waterproof mascara but all it takes is a few strokes of the wand for beautiful, perfect lashes. I've never had it clump, even when the tube starts to dry out. For drama, I put one coat on, move to the other eye, then come back to the first eye for one more coat after it's dried a touch. 

Maybe it's just me, but in general I like my everyday makeup routine to be quick... I don't have time to prime and prep my lashes before putting mascara on - and in the years I've been using this product I never needed to! 

Good luck!

brittieeee

(0) Hearts

I agree on a lot of the suggestions posted like Urban Decay Super Curling Mascara and DiorShow Waterproof (however I was less than impressed with Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes personally.) 

First, are you using a lash curler before you apply mascara?  If not, this may make a HUGE difference.  I have a problem with my lashes holding a curl, and if I a don't use an eyelash curler before applying mascara there is NOT ONE mascara out there I have tried that will curl my lashes.  No joke.  If you haven't used one yet, I strongly recommend one, even if it's drugstore brand. 

You may also see a benefit if you try a lash primer before  mascara applications.  Some good lash primers I have found are DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum and Prime and Tarte's. You can get it in a trial set with  of DiorShow Maximer Lash Plumping Serum and Primer with the DiorShow Mascara here!: http://www.sephora.com/best-in-show-mini-mascara-duo-P290631?skuId=1333236

dior mascara.jpg

I also really like Tarte's primer and found it worked for my stubburn lashes - Tarte's MultiplEYE™ Clinically-Proven Natural Lash Enhancing Primertarte primer.jpgYou can find it here: http://www.sephora.com/multipleye-clinically-proven-natural-lash-enhancing-primer-P255100?skuId=1226...

Also, for the smuging under your eyes, try a setting powder after your foundation dries with extra attention to your under eye area.  Good setting powders are Make Up For Ever's HD Microfinish Powder : http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=MAKE%20UP%20FOR%20EVER%20HD%20Microfinish%2...

and BareMinerals Mineral Veil: http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=BAREMINERALS%20Mineral%20Veil%20P61004&skuI... I personally like the Make Up For Ever one better, because I found the Mineral Veil one made me look a little pale (both are supposed to be colorless though.)

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Dior Iconic Overcurl.:smileyhappy:

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Mooremakeup,

Take a look at these:

Diorshow Iconic Waterproof Mascara - features an oblique cut brush that gives an extra lash-curling effect.

Diorshow Iconic Waterproof Mascara.jpg

Givenchy Noir Couture 4 in 1 Waterproof Mascara - creates intense volume, strong curl and infinite length.

Givenchy Noir Couture 4 in 1 Waterproof Mascara.jpg

Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! Waterproof Mascara -

Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! Waterproof Mascara.jpg

:smileyhappy: -Laura

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

You're making me want to try the Givenchy! But I need another mascara like I need a hole in the head!

lylysa

Urban Decay's Super Curl Mascara is an easy to use formula that includes a plastic, curved bristle applicator to prevent clumps and help lift lashes from the base upward:

swfupload_3534048186103383046.jpg

For something a touch more luxurious and bold, Dior's DiorShow Iconic Overcurl also follow suit with a curved brush, but this one has a traditional spoolie rather than a soft plastic end.

swfupload_5272730442954599528.jpg

If you're wanting to play around with technique and applicators, try the Mascara Wardrobe from Eyeko, which includes 3 different brushes to build on three different looks.

swfupload_3587015994417789915.jpg

If you're willing to go on a limb and make a purchase from Amazon, look up Fairy Drops' Scandal Queen Mascara.

swfupload_7125308778965513007.jpg

Sephora used to carry this mascara and I'm so glad I discovered it before it was discontinued! It's the same price on Amazon as Sephora had it, and it's a long wearing, but easy to remove formula that nourishes lashes and has an innovative curved, triple ball wand. The formula is also fiber packed to add length without bulk and the brush helps curl, lift, and define lashes easily though it may take some time to get used to, but is worth it! It was designed by a Japanese TV personality and works wonders on lashes that tend to grow and stay naturally straight. It doesn't dry down flaky or crunchy, but stays soft and flexible on lashes!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • latinadiva
    • beautylovingirl
    • brittieeee
    • laurabt
    • mooremakeup12