natalia15

Dior Airflash Foundationtion

I recently bought Dior Airflash foundation. The sephora assosicate told me its great for oily skin. Although it doesn't make me oily, I notice it makes me shiny/glowing which I don't really like. I bought the Becca Ever Matte primer to put underneath but it still makes me shiny. What can I do to make the shine go away? Should I buy another foundation?

dannyc

Re: Dior Airflash Foundationtion

(0) Hearts

Really, I used it all summer & didn't have any issues with shine. 

Try Hourglass Immaculate instead, it's also has a liquid to powder finish, but might be better for you. 

Have you tried using the Dior primer with it? I hear that's really good for mattifying and oil control. 

kariyava

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I had the same experience as you.  The SA even used the airflash primer and the airflash mattifying spray, but an hour later I was shiny!  If you love the airflash and want to make it work, I agree that a finishing powder is probably your way to go.  I personally love my Laura Mercier: http://www.sephora.com/invisible-loose-setting-powder-P277510?skuId=1307479

laurabt

Hi Natalia,

I love this foundation!  I always set mine with powder. For you, I recommend a matte setting powder like MAKE UP FOR EVER Super Matte Loose Powder or NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

scarletb

(0) Hearts

laurabt- is there any benefit to using a loose powder rather than a pressed powder?

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

It is a radiant/glowy foundation.... I'm surprised that she recommended it to you. I would return it and get a new one. You can def. do things to work with it but why work so hard for a product when there are better ones suited for you that do not take that much work. 

I love that foundation on normal and dry skin but with oily skin, it is too much. What coverage and finish do you like and I can recommend some options. 

natalia15

(0) Hearts

Hi Caitlin,

She told me it's for oily skin. I loved the finish at first but then it got sooo shiny, I couldn't deal with it. I prefer something with a matte finish since I'm so oily.

Thank you so much for your reply!

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

Hmm, that is strange. If you go on the sephora website and search for it, it says that it leaves "your skin glowing with optimal radiance" Also, if you use the filters, it does not come up for combo or oily skin. This does not mean that you CANT use it for combo/oily skin at all, just something to consider. Nars Sheer Glow for me was like that. Next time I would try and narrow down 4-5 foundations that you think would be good for you and then ask the Sephora staff. 

I would recommend setting it with a powder of your choice. 

In terms of other foundations, for oily skin I would recommend

Matte- Hourglass Immaculate Mattifying Oil, MUFE Mat Velvet, Nars Sheer Matte

Natural- Nars Sheer glow, Laura Mercier Silk Creme

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • dannyc
    • laurabt
    • kariyava