Beck32

Dark Circles

I have dark circles around my eyes, think raccoon (totally serious, they are that dark) I have tried creams, concealers, serums, nothing works to hide or get rid of them. They run in my family so I can't say that it's because of lack of sleep or something like that because they are not. Everything I tried hasn't gotten me anywhere so I am looking to get advice on something that will actually work. Please help!! Thank you.

winnieb2

Re: Dark Circles

(0) Hearts

I have the exact same issue.  Nothing hides the dark circles completely, but a yellow concealer layered with a concealer a shade darker than my normal foundation works best.  The best yellow concealer for me has been Benefit's LemonAid; it counteracts the blue/purple tint of my dark circles.

Titian06

Hi, @Beck32!  Allergies and rubbing your eyes will both contribute to the dark circles under your eyes.  This info is from my doctor.

Beck32

(0) Hearts

Im hearing the word water a lot!! I never thought about water and sure enough I drink coffee in the morning and hot tea through out the day. As you see I did not list water. I am going to start drinking water as of right now and I will see what difference that makes. @gingerblack, I do have that "ridge" on the underneath of my eye but not on my eye lid. I have light skin so you guys can only imagine how bad they look. Without makeup my kids call me a zombie. I have also been called a vampire and I look like the "walking dead." I heard a lot about pink undertone or undertoner...not sure about that....thank you for all your input, advice and suggestions.

lsp2005

(0) Hearts

I have visible blue veins under my eyes so I completely understand where you are coming from. I was under the belief that you need to go lighter, but an excellent MA told me to go a shade darker than your foundation to help hide them. I am currently using Marc Jacobs concealer. Pluses - I love the cold metal tip, it feels great going on. It gives good coverage Minuses - in some smaller areas where the lines are most visible, you can still see the lines in certain lighting situations. I agree with drinking water. I add water to almost every drink I have if it is not water itself. 

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

I have never heard this go a shade darker in concealer before?! I will have to try this and see what difference it makes! 

gingerblack

(0) Hearts

I was wondering if they are dark circles only or dark circles that kind of go in a bit? I have bad dark circles but where it is dark the skin is kind of like indented and forms a bit of a ridge. I hate this because even if I cover them up fairly well, you can always see the ridge and it brings attention to them. I'd love to hear any solutions to minimize them or make them go away.

CaitlinBrunson

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I feel your pain love! (Mine are genetic too!) Similar to syritt, water makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE! 

In order to hide them, a good concealer in the proper manner should do the trick. My favorite for the under eye are MAC's ProLongwear and Nars Creamy Concealer. For application technique, I would check out Youtube (GossMakeupArtist, Jaclynn HIll, Michelle Phan, MakeupbyTiffanyD, the list goes on, all have videos on the matter)

syritt

I know this might be a silly thing to ask, but do you drink enough water? That can really contribute to making even naturally bad dark circles worse.

Also do you have dry or oily skin, and what general shade are you? If you are fair-medium skinned and not too oily,  I've found that the Garnier dark circle concealer roll-ons are surprisingly effective. Drug store brand or no. It probably won't completely erase the problem, but it might be effective as a base for a heavier concealer and between the two... You get the idea.

If you haven't tried that many, there are some excellent concealers out there. Inglot, Kat, and MUFE all make some pretty heavy duty ones. Strong enough to cover black tattoo art, so likely strong enough to cover the darkest under eye circles.

If really literally nothing at all works, you might just need to see a dermatologist. Though I admit. I've never seen dark circles bad enough that a really good concealer over a treatment base didn't hide them - and I've seen some pretty terrible dark circles.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • winnieb2
    • syritt
    • gingerblack
    • Titian06
    • lsp2005
    • CaitlinBrunson