Answer
paintyourxtarget
DRY mascara brands?

I've easily tried 20-30 different types of mascara over the past few years, and have yet to find a single formula suited to my straight, short lashes. I have to curl my eyelashes--otherwise, they stick straight-down. With non-waterproof formulas, my lashes uncurl in less than an hour, and I can't build volume. Trust me--straight lashes WITH mascara is worse than straight lashes WITHOUT mascara.

I've found a few extra-strength waterproof formulas that hold curls, but they tend to be very clumpy, thick, and make my lashes brittle--I avoid using them. BUT, I once tried a sample of mascara with a formula that wasn't super wet--it was almost dry. It was subtle but buildable, and held a curl MUCH longer than a wet mascara would on me. It was a sample my sister received, and I never got the name of it.

So my question is, do you know of any mascaras with dryer formulas? Because after trying all these supposed miracle mascaras, I think a drier formula is my best option.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
btmod1
Answered

Hi Paintyourxtarget, 

I completely understand your dislike of the "wetter" formula mascaras!  I've had a hard time finding that perfect mascara as well :smileysad:  While I'm always on the hunt for the best of the best, I always go back to the Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara.  The formula holds a curl well for me & doesn't end up all over my face throughout the day. 

Tarte - Lights, Camera, Splashes! Waterproof Mascara

Another one that I keep as a backup is the Benefit BADgal Waterproof Mascara.  I don't find the consistency too wet & I love the big round brush. 

Benefit Cosmetics - BADgal Waterproof Mascara

I also will alternate the two, just for some variety.  I find that alternating mascaras also gives it a chance to dry out a bit, so that may also help if you have a mascara that you love, but might be a little too wet.  Hope that helps & good luck on your mascara quest!

xo, Mia

dianabt
Answered

Hi paintyourxtarget,

I agree with Mia's suggestions to you, wet formulas of mascara tend to drag my lashes down too which kills the volume! I also wanted to recommend the Dior Show mascaras which have a powder base/formula so that you can really layer on the volume and thickness! They may feel a bit dry but its the powders that allow you to layer on so much.

Dior - Diorshow Mascara Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
projulianna
Answered

Hi Paintyourtarget,

Check out  Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Effect Extension Mascara

eyes.jpg

The formula is drier to to its wax base. Its also quick drying (to hold freshly curled lashes in place) and has elasticity (to prevent the brittle lash you mentioned).

The shape of the brush will allow you to really work the mascara into you lashes to build vulome and length :smileyhappy:

Enjoy!

<3 Julianna

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • btmod1
    • dianabt
    • paintyourxtarget
    • projulianna
Photos1
  • eyes.jpg