Answer
paintyourxtarget
DRY mascara brands?

I've easily tried 20-30 different types of mascara over the past few years, and have yet to find a single formula suited to my straight, short lashes. I have to curl my eyelashes--otherwise, they stick straight-down. With non-waterproof formulas, my lashes uncurl in less than an hour, and I can't build volume. Trust me--straight lashes WITH mascara is worse than straight lashes WITHOUT mascara.

I've found a few extra-strength waterproof formulas that hold curls, but they tend to be very clumpy, thick, and make my lashes brittle--I avoid using them. BUT, I once tried a sample of mascara with a formula that wasn't super wet--it was almost dry. It was subtle but buildable, and held a curl MUCH longer than a wet mascara would on me. It was a sample my sister received, and I never got the name of it.

So my question is, do you know of any mascaras with dryer formulas? Because after trying all these supposed miracle mascaras, I think a drier formula is my best option.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
btmod1
Answered

Hi Paintyourxtarget, 

I completely understand your dislike of the "wetter" formula mascaras!  I've had a hard time finding that perfect mascara as well :smileysad:  While I'm always on the hunt for the best of the best, I always go back to the Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara.  The formula holds a curl well for me & doesn't end up all over my face throughout the day. 

Tarte - Lights, Camera, Splashes! Waterproof Mascara

Another one that I keep as a backup is the Benefit BADgal Waterproof Mascara.  I don't find the consistency too wet & I love the big round brush. 

Benefit Cosmetics - BADgal Waterproof Mascara

I also will alternate the two, just for some variety.  I find that alternating mascaras also gives it a chance to dry out a bit, so that may also help if you have a mascara that you love, but might be a little too wet.  Hope that helps & good luck on your mascara quest!

xo, Mia

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • btmod1
    • dianabt
    • paintyourxtarget
    • projulianna
Photos1
  • eyes.jpg