choosysusan

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO STRAIGHTEN BENT EYE LASHES?

(0) Hearts

The outer lashes on my right eye are permanently bent (up & in) from sleeping on my right side. Does ANYBODY know how to straighten lashes? I have tried smoothing them down with moisturizer, eye cream, and Vaseline but nothing works. I use Latisse so my lashes are super long; now if only I could get rid of that bend I'd be very happy!

choosysusan

Re: DO YOU KNOW HOW TO STRAIGHTEN BENT EYE LASHES?

Hi lylysa,

I think you're definitely onto something and I agree with you that my new lashes will be more susceptible to curling. I stopped curling my lashes altogether before Latisse; I was losing three to four lashes every day!

Thanks for your reply!

xo xo

lylysa

My pleasure! If the condition of your lashes take a turn for the worse, I would suggest going to a doctor but if it's just mild/developmental changes then I wouldn't stress over it too much. Hopefully the heated last curler works to help even out your fringe and if you notice any lashes getting brittle or weak, maybe even look in lash conditioners.

beautylovingirl

@choosysusan- No if it's been that long it's not the Latisse  I didn't see any sort of time range in your post or I wouldn't of suggested it was the Latisse.

choosysusan

Thank you for all for your great suggestions!

I'm in my fifties and first noticed the lashes on my right eye were bent about 10 years ago, so I don't think Latisse is causing the bend.

I try very hard to sleep on my left side or on my back, but inevitably wake up on my right side!

Using a satin pillowcase has not made a difference in my lashes, but you should see how great my hair looks in the morning now!

I am not giving up on satin pillowcase though. My hair looks good in the morning now (no weird bends, etc.), therefore my new lashes will eventually look good, as well. It's the law of natural attrition at work.

The bent lashes just need to complete their life cycle. Logic tells me that after they fall out, the new lashes will grow in normally: no bend. 

(I do, however, have one really long Latisse lash that sticks out perfectly straight. It's crazy!) 

I am also going to try a heated eyelash curler. It's a perfect excuse for me to go to Sephora today. So thanks for that, too!

I really appreciate all your good advice. I didn't know if anyone would reply to my question . . .

xo xo

Susan

lylysa

Hair strength and make up can also change due to natural aging and developmental factors too, I'm wondering if maybe your lashes might be more susceptible to curling or bending once they grow in since you saw your new lashes grow in normal with no bend.

Best of luck :smileyhappy: and feel free to keep us posted!

P.S. Whoohoo for wonderful looking hair in the morning, bet that saves time and gives you more minutes to spend on getting ready! :smileyvery-happy:

sowazupb

I have a similar problem. My eyelashes bend and curl into my eyes, especially in the outer corner. My brothers have the same problem. I curl my lashes with a heated lash curler and a manual eyelash curler a couple of times and then use a curl holding mascara. If I don't do this, my eyes get sore from being poked by my lashes. I taught my brother to curl his lashes as well, and he says it helps. 

beautylovingirl

I use Latisse also and if you'll just not use it for a while your lashes will go back to their original state. They do grow super long with Latisse  mine are very long and super thick as well. I had one of my lashes  start  doing the same thing and I stopped my Latisse for a while and now it's back to normal. Hope this helps!

lylysa

The natural curl of a lash can vary, I've had instances where a lash will curl to the underside toward my eye, normally I can just flick it up with my regular lashes or it falls out eventually. Diana brings up a good point in terms of there not being a permanent or long term solution for over the counter treatments, you may have to look into professional assistance. Since you state the bend is from laying on your side, try to vary your sleep position or use a satin/silk pillow case as this will put less resistance and wear on your delicate lashes. Try a heated lash curler which will have an added boost to help temporarily change their directionality.

dianabt

Hi choosysusan,

To be honest I don't think there's a way you can do that unless you visit a professional salon and have them curled. Your lashes will grow a specific way and I don't really think you can "reshape" or train them to grow in a different direction like you can with your hair. You can try a lash curler after applying some clear mascara, but the best way to keep/prevent that will be to visit a salon.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • choosysusan
    • beautylovingirl
    • sowazupb