onceugoasian

DESPERATE FOR HELP!!! Ingrown hairs on my legs for YEARS.

[ Edited ]

image.jpg

Ingrown hairs - DESPERATE FOR HELP! I have very thin very fine hair on my legs. I only have to shave about once every 2-3 months... but, because the hair is so fine it cannot push through my skin and I have ingrown hairs all over my legs. I've tried everything (Waxing to remove the first layer of skin, exfoliating, baby rash cream, steroid cream, body buffers, masks, acne solutions, baking soda scrubs, lemon/sugar scrubs... etc) I've had no results... and I'm desperate. I've even tried digging in and plucking them, but my skin is so sensitive, that I have red bumps after for weeks. I need an at home treatment that is inexpensive. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

image.jpgEdit: Every dark spot you see is an ingrown hair.... there are a TON of them... and you can't even see most of them.. only the bigger ones :/

mberteig

Re: DESPERATE FOR HELP!!! Ingrown hairs on my legs for YEARS.

(0) Hearts

Have you tried a salux cloth in the shower instead of a washcloth or pouf?   It's either a Japanese or Korean product and is a cloth that is about the size of a hand towel and has texture to it, so when you use it to wash yourself with, it exfoliates your skin.  I use it everywhere except on the lady parts, I think it's a little rough for that.  I like it, it feels nice, gets rid of ingrown hairs and the white bumps I had on my upper arms, and for me, it also gets rid of a lot of that fine hair, I never have to shave my legs anymore.  It dries very quickly and I throw it in with the laundry once a week to keep it clean.  Anyway, another recommendation/suggestion for you...

fanciulla

(0) Hearts

I use "vanish pfb" between Brazilians and have a TON less ingrown hairs than I used to get. I won't say I have none, but it has dramatically reduced the number. It works for shaving as well. It is technically a salon only product...however, you can find it on amazon.com. It's about $20. It can/will cause some skin to slough off if you use it constantly, which, in turn, helps eliminate the few ingrown hairs I do still get.

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

I also have very fine hair and if I shave my knees or above the hair all gets ingrown. My solution was to stop shaving above my knees because the hair is so white and so fine that it is basically invisible anyhow. If this isn't an option for you - have you considered using something like Nair or other hair removal products rather than shaving?

onceugoasian

(0) Hearts

I've never heard of Tend Skin.. is it expensive? I'm on a pretty strict budget. I'm currently payong off thousands of dollars worth of hospital bills for my son from March when he was diagnosed with Epilepsy. I need a solution that's proven to work and costs under $40.00. Do any of you know a way to prevent new ingrowns from forming??

BlushHoarder

(0) Hearts

No - $20-ish. You can get it at a drug store. I think Ulta too.

BlushHoarder

(0) Hearts

Here is an option that is relatively new to the market. I do know the Tend Skin works, but this one may work tooupload_1092475274572052970.jpg

laynebr

(0) Hearts

I second these. I have terrible ingrown as well not even what my dermatologist prescribed me worked as well as these. I have used tend skin but it takes much longer to see results and a pad is just so much faster to apply it with.

I use one pad for both my legs!

Check your Marshalls for these they usually carry them.

BlushHoarder

(0) Hearts

A little known, but very effective product for this is Tend Skin.

karma3p80

(0) Hearts

I am interested in the responses because I have the same problem.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 7 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • fanciulla
    • BlushHoarder
    • annekevdb
    • laynebr
    • karma3p80