Answer
sophiag
Curlier and more voluminous hair!

I have wavy with a bit of curly hair. As my hair has grown longer the top curls/waves are now barely noticeable waves that in less than 2 hours disappear completely leaving that top part with no shape at all!
I want a product that will give me those curls in the top part and will also give me BIG volume in all of my hair!

Help? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
laurabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Sophiag, you may need to get some layers cut into your hair to help bring the curl back to life.  For volume, I would recommend the Living Proof Full line.  The Full Discovery Kit is a great way to get started and see if it works well for you. Try adding a strong hold finishing spray to your style routine to help your curls last longer.  Try Bumble & Bumble Extra Strength Holding Spray.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Living Proof Full Discovery Kit.jpg

Bumble Extra Strength Holding Spray.jpg

lylysa
Answered
(0) Hearts

How long is your hair now? Often times if hair is too long or heavy it can drag down the shape of curls and waves, leaving the tops and roots lifeless.

For starters, look for shampoos and conditioners made for adding volume or for curly hair. Both formulations share the common feature of having lighter weight conditioners as to not bog down strands or texture, this will help prevent build up. Check out Living Proof's Full line, Deva Curl, Bumble & Bumble, Ouidad, Carol's Daughter Hair Milk, and Redken's Curvaceous.

Try a volume boosting or root lifting spray such as Phyto's Phyto Actif which works with heat tools and blow dryers by having a formula that expands and "plumps" when introduced to heat, giving fullness and volume without a heavy feel to roots.

Depending on the texture of your hair, to help define your curls and waves, you can opt for salt or wave sprays (super popular especially in the summer, check brands like KMS, Sally Hersberger, Loreal, Alternal, Frederik Fekkai, Josie Maran, and Bumble & Bumble), defining creams (better suited for medium to thick hair and a tad more moisturizing), or even mousse (good for a more tousseled effect and great when used with a diffuser, which will also help boost volume by imparting better heat distribution from your blow dryer inbetween waves and curls).

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • sophiag
    • lylysa
    • laurabt
Photos2
  • Living Proof Full Discovery Kit.jpg
  • Bumble Extra Strength Holding Spray.jpg