kristin050585

Covering up acne prone skin

I am 28 years old, but I some acne on my face. No matter what I try, I can never seem to cover it up without having huge globs of makeup showing. I've tried different consealers including benefit, but it still looks caked on. Is their a product out their that would cover it up without making my makeup looked caked on or is there a process I should follow to cover them up? I have slightly oily skin and fairly pale and am going out for my anniversery this weekend. I really want to make everything look perfect.

janinebt

Re: Covering up acne prone skin

(0) Hearts

Hi kristin050585,

maddierose30 is right! Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage is designed to help mask the visible appearance of blemishes. Use this after applying your foundation.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
maddierose30

(0) Hearts

For me, the solution to not having cakey makeup covering my pimples was a LIGHT application of foundation. Then covering my acne using a full coverage concealer only on the areas needed. I use Laura Mercier secret camouflage which is made specifically for blemishes on the face and redness. This stuff never cakes and looks very natural, yet stays on all day. Using heavy application of foundation and heavy concealing will only lead to a cakey face. hope this helps!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Apply your foundation as usual.  Then, use Bobbi Brown's Touch up Stick to those spots.  Just lightly dab the stick to the spot, then lightly blend it out with your fingertip until the edges blend into the surrounding skin.  Wait a couple of minutes for it all to settle and dry.  Then, dust on Tarte's Finishing Powder which, no matter how much you apply, never cakes.  

Tip: Use a product with salicylic acid in it either daily or every other day to acne-prone areas to keep your pores unclogged, yet without drying your skin out.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • kristin050585
    • jennypenny1995
    • janinebt
    • maddierose30