ddarczy

Concealer!?

I am trying to find the best under eye concealer. I have rather dark circles and would prefer something waterproof (I live in hot Florida). I am torn between:

Tarte - Smooth Operator - Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer and Make Up Forever - Full Cover Concealer.

Has anyone used either of these or, have another they recommend?

Thank you!

Spoiler

peacefulseraph

Re: Concealer!?

(0) Hearts

A lot of Floridians here! Well the secret to making your concealer last is to:

Use an undereye primer

buy Lancome waterproof under eye concealer, apply with a concealer brush (add layers)

Then use setting powder 

Add more (buildable) coverage using the brush above and pressed mineral powder (denser pigments) ie. Bare Minerals

And then spray setting spray after you're done

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

i really like benefits erase paste set with laura mercier translucent powder.  I wouldn't call it waterproof, but I live in arizona where it is currently very hot and humid woth monsoon season starting and it works very well for me.  You definetely have to set it with a podwer though, or it will crease like crazy!

wendyomgwar

I don't think the YSL would be enough coverage if thats what you're looking for, I would go for the Make up forever and some powder to set it, I usually use a colorless setting powder or if you have a powder foundation that works well and gives you more coverage :smileyhappy:!

roxystar4

i like the tarte creaseless concealer best. I have tried both and found the MUFE to make my under eye area look dry/cakey.

miabt

The Touche Eclat is a great suggestion from everyone!  You can also try setting your current concealer with a setting powder, like the Amazing Cosmetics Powder Set.  You can buff a little bit over the concealer with something like the Hourglass Concealer Brush #5 :smileyhappy:

Amazing Cosmetics - Powder Set

http://www.sephora.com/powder-set-P59454?skuId=1039692

Hourglass - Concealer Brush

http://www.sephora.com/concealer-brush-P193247?skuId=1034008

xo, Mia

beautylovingirl

I live in the South also so I know about the heat I actually use the YSL Touche Éclat pen but if your circles are pretty dark then I would definitely use a heavier concealer. Either one  would be a great choice but I would also recommend the Amazing cosmetics concealer for you to look at. Hope this helps!

JGSFLA

I live in Florida also..YSL eclat works great for me :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • wendyomgwar
    • ddarczy
    • roxystar4