Chloes3

Concealer woes!

Hi!

I'm in need of a new concealer to help cover acne/hyperpigmentation. My biggest problem is that I'm hopelessly pale & so many seem to come in colors too dark for me (for example, I've heard wonderful things about the MAC concealer, but alas - the lightest shade I've seen at my MAC counter is too dark!).  I've been using the Makeupforever concealer this past year which I've liked, but the lightest shade tends to have just a little bit too much pink in it.  I have oily, acne prone skin, am fair skinned with neutral-slightly yellow undertones.  Brown hair, brown eyes, and love the natural makeup look.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  I'd be super grateful for any suggestions!  Thank you thank you thank you in advance!  <3  

LindenAnn

Re: Concealer woes!

I'm very pale too. The best color matches I've found (I'm neutral leaning slightly yellow too) are Tarte maracuja concealer and Laura Mercier secret camouflage. Both of these are the lightest shade. I feel like the Tarte one lasts longest and covers best, but it is slightly shiny so I always make sure to put a bit of powder over it.

Chloes3

(0) Hearts

Thanks LindenAnn!  I've never looked at the Tarte concealer - will definitely check it out tomorrow at Sephora!  

nhunka

Have you tried Marc Jacobs  re(marc)able concealer? It works wonderfuly for me and the texture is creamy. Their lightest shade is pretty light. 

Chloes3

(0) Hearts

Thanks nhunka!  I've been curious about the Marc Jacobs line for awhile now - great excuse to go check it out.  I bought their concealer brush at the VIB sale and have been in LOVE with it...can't wait to check out their makeup products!

jojobe

(0) Hearts

Use the Ardency Inn. You have to mix it with an oil free moisturizer but the coverage is lasting

ghkim

kevyn aucoin sensual skin enhancer is a highly pigmented thick foundation that a lot people use to conceal. another super pale one (but very expensive) is the la mer in light. and nars, as mentioned before, has a pretty good range of lighter shades as well.

Chloes3

(0) Hearts

Awesome, thanks ghkim!  Have you tried the La mer concealer?  I'm curious how their light shade works on pale skin.  I'm sure it's beautiful (as all things la mer!)  Thanks for all the recommendations!

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi Chloes3!

I highly suggest trying the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly. This concealer works extremely well underneath the eyes and has a more yellow undertone. It's one of my favorites!

Another great concealer is Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer Kit. Based on your skintone, I recommend trying the shade Ivory. The concealer has more of a yellow undertone. This kit also includes a yellow powder that you can use to set the concealer. This helps to brighten the area under your eyes even more. :smileyvery-happy:

Best,
Randee
Chloes3

thanks for the recommendation Randee!  Curious if you have any thoughts on what would be a good concealer for covering blemishes?  Thanks again!

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi Chloes3!

I really like Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage concealer! It comes with 2 shades and you can customize your concealer to match your skintone perfectly regardless of the time of year it is. This concealer has very nice coverage but it does not look heavy on the skin. :smileyhappy:

Best,
Randee
andyhtrieu

When you use the MUFE concealer, do you set it with a powder? Try setting it with Ben Nye's Banana Powder. It's a yellow powder that can be used to set foundation/concealer or slightly correct the tone of a foundation/concealer. 

Amazing Cosmetics has a concealer in the shade Ivory. It's described as 'extremely pale complexions with golden undertones"

http://www.sephora.com/amazing-concealer-P59405?skuId=738997

Chloes3

Thanks andyhtrieu!  Such a great idea to set it with a yellow powder!  I've also been curious about the Amazing Cosmetics line - super excited to see they have one for extremely pale people.  Have you tried anything from their line?  Thanks again! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • jojobe
    • ghkim
    • nhunka
    • LindenAnn
    • Chloes3
    • andyhtrieu