zamn

Concealer for Pigmenation

(0) Hearts

So I'm having trouble deciding which product to buy and I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand. I'm of indian heritage with a fairly dark skin tone (for reference just google Freido Pinto- basically the same colour as her), and I have pretty bad pigmentation from waxing and threading my upperlip constantly (basically a 5 o'clock shadow), as well as dark acne scars. 

I was wondering which product would best help me cover up the pigmentation/5 o'clock shadow because apparently they both work: the makeup forever corrective camouflage concealer palette (the one with darker shades including  the orange corrective shade), or the makeup forever full cover extreme camouflage cream. 

I can't afford both, but I was thinking that the orange corrective shade would be better considering my pigmentation is pretty bad but I'm really not sure. 

Thanks in advance! 

miabt

Re: Concealer for Pigmenation

(0) Hearts

Hi zamn,

If you had to pick one, I'd suggest going for the corrector.  The MUFE Palette is a great option, since it has a wide variety of shades for you to play with.  If you havent checked it out already, the Bobbi Brown has a really great corrector also :smileyhappy:  The Dark Peach would probably be a pretty good match> http://www.sephora.com/corrector-P270555?skuId=1317650

You may also want to think about adding a pigment lightening product to your routine, which would minimize your need to conceal.  The Murad Rapid Age Spot Pigment & Lightening Serum is one of my top 10>http://www.sephora.com/rapid-age-spot-pigment-lightening-serum-P4009?skuId=654095

Hope that helps!

xo, Mia

zamn

(0) Hearts

I live in Canada so I can only get NYX products online. But I'm gonna get the make up forever orange concealer which i heard is amazing. Thank you so much!

andyhtrieu

You can just use the orange corrector and then use any foundation on top. Orange is great at correcting darkness on darker skin tones. If you haven't tried it yet, you can use NYX dark circle corrector which has orange undertones. :smileyhappy:

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • miabt
    • andyhtrieu
    • zamn