Answer
lorettallen
Combination Skin SUCKS.

My skin is ridiculously oily in my T-zone (especially forehead and nose, but also cheeks and chin), and can get quite dry and flaky next to my chin and everywhere in general. I've got to control this oil while not drying out my skin.

NOTHING that I've tried has sufficiently controlled my oil, including the Murad Clarifying Toner and the Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel.

These products dried me out too much: Origins United State Balancing Tonic, Korres Pomegranate Toner.

WHAT should I be doing/using?????

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi lorettallen, 

It sounds like you are using great produdcts that should work for your skintype, It can be hard to control oil without making the rest of your skin dry and flaky. Since you have tried all of those, I would even recommend that you see a dermatologist and see what they can recommend for your skin that will help with the oiliness without upsetting the balance of the rest of your skin.

In the meantime, I would suggest after your regular moisturizer (please use an oil free one, I HIGHLY recommend the Peter Thomas Roth Oil Free Mattifying moisturizer) try a mattifying primer like the one by Make Up For Ever which can be used before and after foundation.

Peter Thomas Roth Clini Matte All Day Oil Control SPF 20

Clini-Matte All Day Oil-Control SPF 20

Make Up For Ever All Mat

I hope this can be of some help to you, try to visit your local Sephora store so a cast member can give you a variety of samples to try out and so you can see what works best. :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • lorettallen