bleuorchid21

Combination/Oily Skin

I have combination oily skin with an oily T-Zone. I use a few different products for oiliness but nothing keeps my forehead from getting oily.

I currently use blotting papers, Mr. FeelGood (Benefit), Murad Oil Control Mattifier, and De-Slick (Urban Decay). I don't wear foundation so use MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. After I have applied all my makeup, I finish with a setting powder from Rimmel.

Within 3 hours, my forehead is super shiny. Any help is appreciated as I really want to be able to stop the oil from showing through. When I go on vacation, I take a powder brush and powder and touchup throughout the day but I would like to stop doing this.

clarks18

Re: Combination/Oily Skin

(0) Hearts

I have an oily t-zone.  What helps me is using the Clinique Dramatically Different Gel.  After that I use the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer only on my t-zone.  I set my makeup with the Tarte Smooth Operator powder.  I have been searching for a long time now and these are the products that have helped me the most.  I only wear concealer under my eyes, no foundation at all.  Seriously the Hourglass primer is a game changer. I'm all about it now and I have been recommending it to everyone.  Also the Murad Oil Mattifier didn't really work for me.  What seems to work better is their Anti-Aging Moisturizer.  Which you wouldn't think would help the oil but it really does, more so for me than the mattifier.  Something that helps also is drinking lots of water.  When I'm really good about drinking a lot of water I can see it in my skin.  It just looks healthy and clear and it feels better. 

crayzeeRN

Hey bleuorchid21 :smileyhappy: What type of moisturizers and skin care are you using? Skin produces more oil when it isn't adequately moisturized; wondering if you might need to give your skin a little more hydration :smileyhappy:

bleuorchid21

(0) Hearts

In the mornings, I use Philosophy Purity Cleanser with my Clarisonic. I apply Body's Shop Seaweed Toner (for combo skin) and Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (first used the gel but it dried my cheeks out; on vacation recently, I have the travel size of the gel, used it for almost 12 days, and it never dried my cheeks out so I bought the full size since my lotion is almost out). At night, I have been using the Korres Greek Yoghurt sleeping facial (makes my cheeks feel so soft in the morning). I occasionally use a scrub/mask or a different cleanser but that's about it.

MaybeMaybe

(0) Hearts

@laurabt... Do any of the oil control/ oil absorbing products that you recommend here work without causing dryness? Everything that I've tried to combat oil or leave a matte finish seams to cause the opposite (and equally annoying) problem of making me too dry and tight.

Also- isn't Jack Black for dudes?

laurabt

@MaybeMaybe- different products react differently to each individual's skin types, so you kinda have to try them out to see if they work for you.  I recommend picking up some samples at your local Sephora store.  And Jack Black is a men's line, but that doesn't mean that we can't use it!  I'm always borrowing my bf's Jack Black products when I'm at his house.  I love them!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

rikkie

(0) Hearts

I really like the Jack Black products I've used too. I grab them when they're in the sample options sometimes. I got one of the Anthony Logistics Instant Fix Oil Control 100 point perks and LOVE IT. It smells like citrus and absorbs oil without drying at all!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

If you have oily skin the more makeup products you use the oiler your skin is. After using your Murad mattifier use a good primer like Givenchy's Mister Mat or Korres Mattifying primer then use you Mac mineralize set with a setting powder like the HD from MUFE or Tarte then use your UD Deslick to finish. Hope this helps!

TamBlam74

Would you use the LORAC matte primer with a BB cream, and if so, before or after?  Where in the makeup/skin care process would this go?  Thanks!!!

melissabt

Hi TamBlan74,

Use the primer before the BB cream:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Bleuorchid21, definitely try a mattifying primer like Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector or Lorac POREfection Mattifying Primer.  

becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector.jpg

Lorac POREfection Mattifying Primer.jpg

You may just need to switch up your routine and try some new products.  Take a look at Jack Black All Day Oil-Control Lotion.  It contains oil-absorbing ingredients which help to reduce sebum production. 

Jack Black All Day Oil-Control Lotion.jpg

Also, a using an oil controlling, mattifying setting powder should keep you shine free. 

Tarte Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder with PM20.jpg

Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

UD De-Slick Mattifying Powder.jpg

Hope this helps!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • crayzeeRN