LindenAnn

Color opinions for a fancy dress

Hi all, I'm going to Vegas in a few weeks (woot!) and am looking for advice on how to do my makeup for a fancy dinner. This is the dress I'll be wearing with dark silver accessories:

VS halter.jpg

I have dark auburn hair, blue eyes, and am very pale with faintly yellow but mostly neutral undertones (1Y04).

I would love any suggestions, especially on eye/lip colors! Thanks in advance! 

Nicrohr

Re: Color opinions for a fancy dress

Dramatic smokey eye and NUDE LIP.  So as not to look too overdone/tasteless, you know? :smileywink:  I like the Boudoir palette colors for this, great suggestion below.

You could go with a pale (caucasian)flesh-tone nude, a medium pinky nude, or a copper/gold shimmer.  Or just balm or clear gloss for the lip.  Whichever strikes your fancy.

I like the peachy copper/nudes on the model, actually.  I like the contrast with the grey/silver/cool dress.

carolang

I second boudoir eyes! LOVE that palette and it's on the cooler side and will look great with that dress. It makes a really greatpurple-y taupe smokey eye and the peach color looks great in the crease it diffuses everything out and has a lovely warmth to it that I'm obsessed with! The black is good as a shadow liner.

keelybt

Oh how fun!  I would do a grey smokey eye :smileyhappy:

upload_3328167026164087027.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/5-colour-eyeshadow-P280400?skuId=1331552

SirenPrincess

I think the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette would look amazing with that dress:

upload_765846116917442232.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/boudoir-eyes-soft-sexy-eye-shadow-collection-P377630?skuId=1493907

It's Vegas, so you could totally play it up with a smokey eye and dramatic liner.

If you do that, I'd keep lips simple for balance and just do a 'my lips but better' color.

lyravega

[ Edited ]

@SirenPrincess - Ohhh, that is one very nice palette! I LOVE my Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer and Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder, but I've never tried their eye shadows. How do you like them?

SirenPrincess

[ Edited ]

I like it a lot.  Well worth the price.  But I don't looooove it.  I really like the colors in it, and I think they look pretty good on.  But it's a palette that once you touch a brush to it, a ton is flaking out of the palette at once, and that bugs me.  But this makes a great night out eyeshadow that isn't too too overdone.  I'd probably buy it again.

trulykelsie

Too Faced is my go-to for eyeshadow. Their Neutral Eye Palette is pretty much my HG- and I rely on it much more than my Urban Decay Naked Palette. 

I definitely recommend checking them out- their shadows are highly-pigmented, blend wonderfully, stay for quite awhile (especially with primer) and there's hardly any fallout. And their kits are so well put-together.

I don't have Boudoir Eyes yet, but it is definitely going to be included in my next Sephora haul. 

mberteig

[ Edited ]

I love Too Faced eye shadows!  They are excellent quality and last all day on me with primer.  I have most of their palettes and would have to say I prefer Too Faced eyeshadow over any other brand.  I love this palette as well, and use it often.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • mberteig
    • lyravega
    • carolang
    • Nicrohr
    • trulykelsie