taylorkiryluik

Color matching help!

(0) Hearts

With the amorepacific Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ ....

i don't wear foundation and I THINK (but don't know) I have a neutral undertone. Mostly because I really can't tell if I have pink OR yellow sometimes I think I have both.  In terms of concealer, I normally wear tarte' s smooth operator concealer in light shade but as summer comes along I will darken slightly. Any tips or suggestions?

beautylovingirl

Re: Color matching help!

[ Edited ]

Firguring out your undertone would be the first step before you can start color matching correctly.

If  you have a golden, yellow, or bronze coloring to your skin your a warm undertone.

If you have a pink, rosy, or beige coloring to your skin your a cool undertone.

Another way to tell your undertone is to look at the underside of your wrist. If your veins are blue your undertone is cool if you see more green your a warm undertone and if you see bluish green that means your a neutral undertone. Hope this helps!

DTalksAll

I went and got color matched in store today. I normally wear the "light shades" when it's just light-medium-dark, and the Tan Blush (lightest shade) was slightly dark on me (just a tad, but if blended well I can't tell). I haven't used any sunless tanner or been out in the sun yet. 

BTW, the texture and application is AMAZING! 

missfarr

well i just saw that in person at sephora on saturday...totally not sure how u apply if this is ur first foundation purchase  prob wouldnt b  choice. thats my opinion. amorepacific has  skincare products that i use everyday in the 50 dollar kit i love them and i have combination skin and i am a light medium color. if u need skincare try that. foundation wise.....for a powder i would try josie maran matchmaker foundation its not powdery good coverage 36 bucks i think.  liquid .....urban decay naked skin bb cream or foundation awesome. beauty blender is a great applicator for everything. i hope some of this helps. but tan blush would prob work for u in cushion compact

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • beautylovingirl
    • missfarr
    • taylorkiryluik