Clinique stay matte fdn

I got this last April in Golden neutral but with all my wear of BBs lately i find that this comes off too yellow/golden. is there even a shade below with yellow to neutral undertones but not so pronounced?

For ref" i wear mufe 40- which was also getting a little too yellow for my liking, so i got a sample of 30 which is a little light. But i figure i can just mix them which i tried once. I also wear 120 in hd

Re: Clinique stay matte fdn

(0) Hearts

@melissaabt I wear 05 Fair in this foundation; do you know the MAC equivalent to this shade, if there is one? 

Thanks!

(0) Hearts

No problem! Like I said, this formulation can be a bit tricky to match but I'm sure one of them will work for you! Smiley Happy Are you only interested in liquid makeups? You may even want to try just using a concealer and a powder- super quick and easy if you're on the go!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Thanks. Il check during my break today. 

I just don't want it to be too dark so by the time it settles it won't look right. 
i love the fdn but i haven't worn it in a while since i stopped liking the shade. I definitely remember 7 being too pink. 

i think thats why i even switched to 30 in mufe which sometimes comes across pale since its beige but when i added a few dots of my existing 40 it was fine. i just don't want to mix all my fdns with 2 shades lol

@drrragon I love this foundation and I have combo skin. It really helps and I love that it is lighweight.

@aviscardi it's not actually darker, its just a different tone. I had a tricky time figuring what shade I would be (normally I'm a very light to medium shade) but this one worked out perfectly. Sometimes using a yellow, golden or olive base (and sometimes even beige!) can come out slightly darker on the skin, but it's worth a shot.

If you prefer, you can try shade #7 which is "cream chamois" but it may have a slightly more pink tint to it. The best way to find the shades for this foundation is to try them out yourself and see what works best! Smiley Happy

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

(0) Hearts

That was the shade i was looking at, i couldn't remember if it was darker than #8 though

(0) Hearts

@diana, is the stay matte also good for combination skin?  you give such glowing reviews I'm very curious to try this! Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Hi aviscardi,

Have you looked at shade #9? It's a true natural and neutral beige and works well if you have light- medium skin tones. I use this shade and love it because it is not too pink OR yellow/olive and it's a great neutral shade. Smiley Happy

Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

http://www.sephora.com/stay-matte-oil-free-makeup-P310726?skuId=1411172

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

(0) Hearts

How dark is this shade? I have the stay matte in alabaster but it seems a bit too pinkish for me. I'm light, but not really pale. Should I try the linen as well? I honestly don't know if I should go with something more yellow or more neutral! 

Hi what would you suggest for NC15-NC20 skintone for Clinique stay matte, is this long wearing?
MUFE HD 117
Mufe F&B 20

Hi Kissenmakeup-

I think that the best shade for you is 4 Creamwhip!

creamwhip.jpg

<3 Melissa

A lot of the lighter shades have more beige in themSmiley Sad I think the best would be linen!

<3 Melissa

okay thank you so much. i'll get the linen!

(0) Hearts

Yay, perfectSmiley Happy!

<3 Melissa

(0) Hearts

Oh you're right! My friend was using the studio fix in nc15-nc20 and she's using the stay matte in creamwhip. Glad i checked-out with creamwhip in my bag. I really dont know what's the difference of linen and creamwhip. creamwhip is more golden, right? leans more of a yellow tone right? Thanks so much Ms. Melissa!

(0) Hearts

oh i'm worried that creamwhip will be quite orangey and more pink on me? i am more of a yellow tone. i was thinking alabaster. as i'm wearing alabaster in clinique's even better foundation. clinique has different foundation shade on each different foundation line? 

(0) Hearts

the shades are different across the board. i found as i went down a few shades they all turned orange or pink on me

(0) Hearts

Thank you. i will get the stay matte in linen! hope it works.

my friend wears 117 in hd and is the lightest shade which i believe is linen. shes not super fair but they don't seem to go lighter than that. 

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

i think linen is close. now i'm debating which is less pink and a bit darker, linen or alabaster? Thank you so much for answering.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
Photos1
  • creamwhip.jpg