makeuplover789

Clinique chubby sticks or tarte lipsurgence, and does the tarte one really stain your lips?

(0) Hearts

dianabt

Re: Clinique chubby sticks or tarte lipsurgence, and does the tarte one really stain your lips?

Hi makeuplover789,

What emmaclaire wrote to you is spot on! I have tried (and love!) both! There is a variety of formulations (matte, sheer, shimmer, intense, etc.) and a great selection of colors to choose from. I like the tingly minty scent and long lasting finish of the Tarte lip stains but the colors and textures of the Clinique ones are super smoothing and pretty fun too! Try a few at your local store to see what formula you like and to find some pretty colors!

Tarte - LipSurgence™ Skintuitive Lip TintLipSurgence™ Lip Tint LipSurgence™ Matte Lip Tint  Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
emmaclaire

Re: Clinique chubby sticks or tarte lipsurgence, and does the tarte one really stain your lips?

(0) Hearts

The Clinique Chubby sticks come in two formulations: intense and regular.  The intense formula is pretty opaque, so it would be more similar to a lipstick with a glossy finish.  The regular formula is more like a tinted lip balm or a hard lip gloss, almost - more sheer color, shiny finish, somewhat short lasting from what I've experienced.

The Tarte LipSurgence is a stain that also comes in two formulas: matte and glossy/regular.  Both products are designed to be slightly more opaque than a balm but less than a traditional lipstick.  They do indeed stain your lips for a good while - that's the point!  They last much longer, but MAY be drying (I found the matte formula uncomfortable but that is totally up to the individual).

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • dianabt
    • makeuplover789