TeyaBerg

Cleanser for Mostly Dry Skin, but with Oily patches and a bit of breakouts

well the title basically explains it all. I have mostly dry skin, but my forehead breaks out. I also have pretty sensitive skin. I was wondering if anyone knew a really good cleanser I could use... thanks!

jennypenny1995

Re: Cleanser for Mostly Dry Skin, but with Oily patches and a bit of breakouts

REN is supposed to have a really great line, and Murad is good, too.  Bottom line: Stay away from anything "foaming", per Caroline Hirons' blog.  Most "foaming" products have detergents in them, which simply pull our natural oils right off.  At that point, guess what happens...we produce more oil to compensate and then break out.  I would bet you'd do well with REN's Hydra Calm Cleansing Milk.  Personally, since I've switched to a milk formula cleanser, my skin is the least angry, red, irritated, or blemished than it's pretty much ever been.

Go check out her blog.  She's really wise!

Manda

I agree with Jenny on this.  Even though you have combination skin, I would stay away from anything foaming/says that it foams.  I did it once before and oiy, I regretted it.  My skin was literally reacting to the product.  And since your skin is sensitive, it is more of a concern whenever it comes to foaming.

DeltaGammaGirl

(0) Hearts

Bliss fabulous foaming facewash... Enough said. THis is the most perfect facewash I have ever used and I have similar skin to you!

Manda

(0) Hearts

I like to use Ren UltraMoist Facial Cream Cleanser.  I have combination (though more on the dry side) skin which is extremely sensitive.  This is the only cleanser that hasn't either dried out my face or irritated it.

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi TeyaBerg I agree with HMNerwbie. An oil or cream cleanser is going to be the best way to go for your skin. My favorites are Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil and Korres Milk Proteins 3 In 1 Cleansing, Toning and Eye Make-Up Removing Emulsion.

swfupload_3359947938014030640.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/makeup-breakup-cool-cleansing-oil-P254604?skuId=1227891

swfupload_4534402957044545278.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/milk-proteins-3-in-1-cleansing-toning-eye-make-up-removing-emulsion-P61801?sk...

HMNewbie

(0) Hearts

I, too, have sensitive dry skin with oily patches (around my nose).  As strange as it may sound, I've found some success with Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Purifying Cleansing Oil.  Yes, it's an oil, but it's extremely light and really works for me to get ALL the make-up off.  I don't care how it works.  It works.  Dry patches are better.  Oily patches are better. 

Good luck.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • Manda
    • jennypenny1995
    • HMNewbie
    • DeltaGammaGirl