byooteefreak

Cleanser Help!

(0) Hearts

I have been using Jurlique Soothing Foaming Cleanser which I really like because

1. It is a very natural cleanser and

2. it has a soothing and not overpowering smell and

3. it doesn't make me break out like some other natural cleansers have (for example boscia botanical blast) . The one real issue that I have with my Jurlique Soothing Foaming Cleanser is that it does not have enough cleansing power to remove my make up/ the day completely. This time around I ordered the balancing cleanser but yikes! people were not exagggerating in reviews about the smell. I don't think that  am going to be able to use it with how intense it smells. Does any one have any suggestions for another cleanser along the lines of the Jurlique Gentle Foaming Cleanser but with a little more oomph to it and or another product that I could use in conjunction with the cleanser in order to make it more effective? Thanks!!

Manda

Re: Cleanser Help!

I have a question for you if you don't mind.  Are you removing your makeup with wipes before you cleanse?  It will help in order to break up the makeup a bit better - for a cleanser will not clear off all of the makeup from my experience.

starletta8

Exactly.

Cleanser is meant for your skin, not to break up makeup.  Depending on the products you're wearing that day, you may even need 3 different steps:

1. Makeup remover targeted to waterproof formulas (Especially eye area)

2. Cleansing wipe (takes 2 seconds, seriously)

3. Cleanser

AlwaysGlamorous

I love you guys. Yet another thing I feel like I'm constantly explaining to people. Goodness, I love BT!

@Starletta, that's my exact makeup removing routine. How did you know? :smileywink: 

starletta8

We're makeup removing twins, AlwaysGlamorous. :smileywink:

byooteefreak

(0) Hearts

So I tried the Korres and I was really excited because of all of the amazing reviews and your suggestion.. but it just doesn't seem to be working for me. It removes even less of my make-up than my Jurlique wash (i was hooping for more cleansing power). I wear bare minerals and it just didnt remove it.. I even tried using it twice... and leaves my skin feeling very oily and I'm beginning  too break out on my hairline and jaw... should I keep using it or try another? 

byooteefreak

(0) Hearts

Thank you all for your suggestions! It looks like I have a handful of great cleansers to try :smileyhappy: I will keep you updated after I have tried them out!

byooteefreak

(0) Hearts

Thank you all for your suggestions! It looks like I have a handful of great cleansers to try :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Kate Somerville's Daily Detox Gentle cleanser is also a great option for you to look at:smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I use Renee Rouleau's Aloe Cleansing Milk at night and adore it.  It is very simple and doesn't have fragrance added to it, nor is it too harsh.  It takes every bit of makeup off while soothing the skin (aloe).

DTalksAll

In the winter I prefer cream cleansers when my skin is really dry. 

Clarins gentle foaming cleanser does a good job at taking off all my makeup & cleansing. 

http://www.sephora.com/gentle-foaming-cleanser-P228101?skuId=1108240

First Aid Beauty also has a gentle cream cleanser 

http://www.sephora.com/face-cleanser-P248404?skuId=1217710

Or you could add another step & remove makeup first with the Korress like Keely sugested or a cleansing water like Koh Gen Do http://www.sephora.com/cleansing-spa-water-P294007

Do you use toner after cleansing? I used to be against toners, but now use one that doesn't contain alcohol. This ensures all my makeup is off, any residue left from the cleanser is gone, and preps my skin for treatments/serums. 

keelybt

@DannyC Actually the Korres cleanser removes makeup and cleanses, so no extra step is necessary.  It is fantastic for any skin type with sensitive skin.

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi Byooteefreak  I'd recommend trying Korres Milk Proteins 3 In 1 Cleansing, Toning and Eye Make-Up Removing Emulsion.  It's very gentle, natural and has very little scent.  I find this takes off everything without irritating or drying my skin.

swfupload_8962857681233923388.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/milk-proteins-3-in-1-cleansing-toning-eye-make-up-removing-emulsion-P61801?sk...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • DTalksAll
    • Manda
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • byooteefreak