Dess515

Classifying dark circles....

(0) Hearts

Ok, I have dark circles around my eyes. Mostly underneath and along the side of the bridge of my nose. I am medium skin tone (or am I tan... no clue lol) so I don't know if the circles are "blue-ish" I do know that the circles have gotten darker with age, and no matter how much rest I get, they are always there. The circles are fairly easy to cover with concealer, but I don't wear much makeup... any suggestions on an eye cream?

Thanks!!!

katie1724

Re: Classifying dark circles....

Lisa Eldridge has a great video on YouTube that explains the causes of circles, and, depending on the cause, what products might help them as well as what cannot.

If the circles are hereditary / genetic, they cannot be corrected by a topical treatment like a cream or serum (while you can certainly try, I know I have wasted a ton of money in the past on eye treatments until someone finally pointed out that they were probably genetic and had always been there). The reason for this is that their appearance is usually caused by thin skin or capillaries and blood vessels that are close to the surface. On the other hand, topical treatments (such as those containing vitamin K or caffeine) can sometimes be effective for congestive circles caused by environmental factors (like lack of sleep, allergies, etc.). I have what appears to be blue skin at the inner corners of my eyes and along the bridge of my nose, and the only thing that has ever really made a difference is a peach based concealer (like Armani Maestro, Bobbi Brown Corrector or Benefit Erase Paste, if one of the three shades works for you).

Have you been tested for allergies? Sometimes dark circles are a side effect of chronic allergies -- and the appearance of the dark circles can be diminished with allergy meds.

beautylovingirl

Re: Classifying dark circles....

(0) Hearts

Kate Somerville's CytoCell Dark Circle Corrective Eye Cream or The Algenist  Complete Eye Renewal balm are great choices. Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • beautylovingirl
    • Dess515