Answer
arete
Clarisonic causing dry skin?

Hi!

I'm trying to figure out the best beauty regimen and number of times I wash with my Clarisonic.

I wash my face with my Clarisonic every morning and night and use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.

I also use a retinoid every other night... on the other nights, I use Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and Kate Somerville Oil-Free Moisturizer. During the day I use Kate Somerville Oil-Free Quench Serum and the Oil-Free Moisturizer.

However, I keep getting a couple small areas of light dry flaky skin but not rough dry patches.

Should I cut back on using the Clarisonic and only use it once a day? I know retinoids cause dry skin but I've been using this for over six months.

Summer is coming and I dont want to have to worry about dry skin at the pool.

Any suggestions?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
melissabt
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Arete,

Yes, I think you should starting using your Clarisonic once a day or once every other day. The Clarisonic works great to exfoliate the skin and it sounds like your skin is being stripped of its natural oils. Your skincare regiment sounds great and should work well once you minimize the use of your Clarisonic. Using a retinol treatment may also be causing the dryness. Retinol natural exfoliates the skin and can sometimes cause dryness and sensitivity. Are you also using a moisturizer with an SPF during the day? When you use retinols you must use an spf during the day! Using a retinol will make your skin a lot more sensitive to the sun.

I recommend using the Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Defense Moisturizer during the day. It contains an spf of 30 and has antioxidants to protect your skin from environmental damage.

product image

http://www.sephora.com/max-sheer-all-day-defense-moisture-lotion-spf-30-P6563?skuId=373894

If you skin is still feeling dry, I recommend the Josie Maran Argan Oil. It is naturally very soothing and you and combine it with any other moisturizer that you use (or wear it by itself).

product image

http://www.sephora.com/argan-oil-P218700?skuId=1121797

<3 Melissa
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • arete