Curliosophy

Choosing a foundation

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Okay so this question has probably been asked countless times but I am having difficulty locating it.

So the end of last summer/beginning fall I was in Sephora looking for a foundation, and one of the consultants matched me to Makeup For Ever Matte Velvet foundation in Vanilla (to me it looks very pale but then again I am a bit pale during fall and winter)...and I am assuming since she works there she should know what she's doing.

Anyway my veins are green so I have warm undertones and my skin has a yellowish tint to it so I am assuming it is on the olive side of things.

Now my question it, I have gotten really tan so far this summer, and obviously the previous shade is way too light for me; I was wondering should I stay with the yellow undertones of the first and pick the foundation in the shade Golden Beige?

aviscardi

Re: Choosing a foundation

(0) Hearts

It depends, im light/light-med neutral to slightly yellow at the moment, when i do tan i turn more olive undertoned. But i would say if you have yellow undertones already then you can stick to a darker shade in the same category.

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

Yes, your undertone doesn't change when you're tan or not. Only your skin tone should change.

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi Curliosophy! 

I think it depends on how much tanner you are. I recommend going into the store without any foundation on and getting matched in the store. I think getting matched in the store will be your best guarantee and getting the perfect foundation match! 

Best,
Randee
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • Curliosophy
    • andyhtrieu
    • RandeeBT