Chemical Burn from PTR Gentle Complexion Pads?

Has anyone else gotten a chemical burn from overuse of the PTR Complexion pads? I started off using it in the evening every other night and then bumped it to every evening when I noticed it working- then morning and night...which is when I started to notice the irritation/redness. It's been a few weeks since I've stopped using them but have been prescribed Desonide for 2wks with vanicream to heal my skin :smileysad: Apparently I ruined the top layers by over use on my already sensitive skin! Just wondering if anyone else had this same fairly extreme reaction.

Re: Chemical Burn from PTR Gentle Complexion Pads?

(0) Hearts

A little while. I didn't introduce any new products to my skin, and kept things light.

I put down the clarisonic, and didn't touch anything with alcohol, sunscreen or heavy in chemical exfoliators. 

I used the OH blue/black berry mask (really hydrating exfoliating mask) 3x a week instead of 1. I slathered on moisturizers like they were a mask (can lead to breakouts, but I needed the hydration) 2 that I used were La Mer & Skinceuticals pore minimizing lotion. I also stayed out of the sun & wore hats since I didn't want to use sun screen while healing. I washed my face with gentle cream cleansers like FAB & Clarins. After about a week or 2 I saw noticeable improvement and slowly introduced the clarisonic to get rid of the dead skin cells. After about a month I returned to using retinol. 

I was overusing retinol & getting micro dermabrasion and it did make my skin more sensitive. I'm a little more careful now with what I put on my face & how often. Since I use a clarisonic 2-3x a week (sometimes more) I rarely reach for a scrub. My cleansers are gentle, my toner is alcohol free, my treatment is where the punch is. I alternate between the PTR retinol fusion PM & invigorating night gel, followed by a moisturizer that's light weight yet hydrating. In the morning I use AmorePacific treatment enzyme peel as my wash. It's a gentle chemical exfoliator the smooths my skin, but doesn't give me a reaction. I do a mask once a week (if that) depending on my skins needs. 

It took me years to figure out what my skin needs & I'm constantly re-evaluating my products depending on the season & stress level.

Talk to your Dr. since they prescribed you a steroid cream, a lot of products can interact with it. You should see a difference after your done taking it, maybe even sooner.   

(0) Hearts

Dannyc- how long did it take for your skin to heal?

(0) Hearts

I had that when I used retinol too often a few years back. I'm OK if I use it every other night, but every night makes me red and irritated. I can still use retinol, just not overuse. It can happen to anyone with overuse of Chemical exfoliators. 

Hi Lwgirl Oh