EmilyMM23

Changing it up in my 30s

I'm turning 30 soon, and I know it's time to start taking better care of my skin, but I'm not sure where to start. What products should I be using to slow down wrinkles? I feel like I need a whole new skin care regime. I'm using pretty much the same face wash and moisturizer I've been using for 10 years, but my skin has gotten much drier and slightly more sensitive. 

beautylovingirl

Re: Changing it up in my 30s

(0) Hearts

Dr.Murad's Vitamic C or Vitalic skin care lines would be grear choices for you to look at. His products are all put together in a structure routine so there's no guessing what you should use. Hope this helps!

JillMConnell

(0) Hearts

I know how you feel! I had acne-prone, oily skin for the first thirty years of my life and once I hit that magic age, it felt like my skin dried up and got ten times more sensitive. A light daily cleanser is certainly key.  I love the way the Fresh Cleanser smells but my skin does not agree with it.  L'Occitane makes a brightening foam cleanser that is really thorough but doesn't strip or make my skin super-angry.  To be honest, I'm still trying to find the perfect eye cream, but the Tarte one is nice, and (I know Sephora doesn't carry it but anyway...) the ARCONA eye dew is effective as well. It has some sun protection ingredients and I find it to smell faintly of the Coppertone that my Mom slathered on me back in the day but it also moisturizes very well and doesn't give me milia under the eyes, which is a freaking miracle.

Those are my suggestions! Good luck :smileyhappy: 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I'm about a year older than you- and 30 was the age that scared me into taking serious care of my skin.

Although I don't need it, I swear by Shiseido's Beneficiance line- especially the eye cream (http://www.sephora.com/benefiance-wrinkleresist24-intensive-eye-contour-cream-P173620?skuId=1408202)...  It's rather heavy, but I've found that my massive hereditary undereye circles are much better in appearance.

janinebt

Hi EmilyMM23,

In order to assist you in recommending products I'll need to know a bit more about your skin. Is your skin typically oily, combination, strictly dry, or normal? What face wash and moisutrizers have you been using?

Are you using an evening cream or serum?

Whimsically yours,
Janine
EmilyMM23

I've been using drugstore stuff and I'd like to upgrade...Olay wash for 7 signs of aging, and regular Olay moisturizer with SPF. I don't use anything at night, except Aquaphor when my skin gets really dry.

In the colder weather, my skin is mostly dry, but can be combination when it's warmer. It's hard to combat the dryness...if I put on too much moisturizer it feels too heavy or like I'm sweating it off.

janinebt

(0) Hearts

I'm in the combination skin family too so I completely know what you mean about creams feeling too heavy.

I would recommend using a daily cleanser that cleanses the skin of impurities while keeping it firm and supple. The Fresh Soy Face Cleanser works beautifully on all skin types. It's lightweight and even removes eye makeup.

swfupload_3287416726035856838.jpg

I would pair this cleanser with Orgin's Plantscription SPF 25. This daily moisturizer is oil free, hydrating, and helps boosts the overall appearance of one's complexion. It is specifically designed for more oily skintypes.

swfupload_6276360963395658037.jpg

An evening cream is going to be what helps keep your skin hydrated, to make dry patches a thing of the past. The new NARS Skin Aqua Gel Luminous Oil-Free Moisturizer will give you plump fresh from the spa worthy skin. This stuff is incredible, and just a small amount is sufficient enough to coat your entire face. Since this is an oil-free product you should not be left feeling greasy or 'sweaty'. 

swfupload_3307834984197401838.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • janinebt
    • beautylovingirl
    • starletta8