Natalian

Celebrities Armpits!!! How ??

I know it is weird to ask this. I saw a lot magazines and models have clear armpits. I was wondered how did they keep up like that, Do they do any treatment? laser hair remover, any special treatment??

Can someone help?

I want like thisrose-mcgowan-bare-armpit.jpg

makeupobesessed

Re: Celebrities Armpits!!! How ??

(0) Hearts

So, now that I've read this post...I'm curious:  what products and/or how do you exfoliate your under arms and what deodorant do you find is best to use for not turning them darker?

annec322

I agree, it's photoshopped.  I watch Americas Next Top Model and they have straight up said on that show armpits are retouched.

MikuNerd65

Ya, I always wondered about that, even in the movies. I grew up wanting to have that "look." I always asked my self HOW?

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Photoshopped. 

I usually get my armpits waxed 3-4x a year & use an epilator on them every other week. The epilator hurts a bit, but I usually pop an advil or two an hour before I do it (I usually do my bikini line at the same time). I do have to grow the hair out a bit, but since hair is usually on 3-4 different cycles, it's not like my whole underarm is full of hair at the same time, it's usually just a few that no one notices (not even my boyfriend). 

I exfoliate a lot & use a razor bump serum to keep ingrown hairs to a minimum. I have thick, coarse hair, so I'm really prone to ingrown hairs. Sucks, but this routine has been working for me for years. 

I've considered laser, but it's usually 6 sessions, and only lasts a few years. In my books that's too expensive for something temporary. I'm more interested in purchasing an at home laser treatment since I can re touch as needed. 

crayzeeRN

Can I ask the name of your razor bump serum? I've got thick, curly hair so I'm prone to ingrown as well.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Right now, the serum from European Wax Center is working well for me. When I use it up, I'll probably just hunt down a glycolic acid serum from Dermstore. 

Urbie

Yeah, that is definitely photoshop.  As other ladies said, you can get lighter colored pits by waxing or using laser, but....I dunno, I don't walk around much showing my pits to other people, so I just stick with shaving :smileyhappy:

btmod2

Hi Natalian!

I also think that this picture is totally photoshopped! You definitely get a more airbrushed look if you wax or use a laser, but if you are shaving, it is pretty difficult for your underarms to look as perfect as hers. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

dziggi

Most of the time armpits are darker because you can see some of the hair under the skin. Especially if you use a dull razor & don't exfoliate before shaving. When I used to shave I would exfoliate the day before and use a new razor every week. Waxing is also good to prevent from seeing those little hairs under your skin. Some ingredients in deodorants also cause discoloration. If there's actual hyper pigmentation (google: acanthosis nigricans underarms), I would go see your doctor and see what's causing it. My cousin had an issue with much darker armpits and found out she had a hormonal imbalance & producing excess insulin.

My armpits look like that pic since I've gotten laser. I've had 4 laser hair removal sessions on my under arms and I would say about 90% of my hair is gone. Laser reduces hair but it's not approved as permanent hair removal. I've got about 8-10 hairs under each armpit (they are light brown/blonde now) and am going to get my electrolysis to take care of those and hopefully I will be hair free. Fingers crossed.

Natalian

I had done laser hair remover coupe times, but still grow little hair.

side you mentioned electrolysis,  what is it??i have done researched online, is that the same thing as hair remover? 

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

Are your pits dark? Mine used to be because I used to shave or use depilatory creams. Once I started waxing on a regular basis, they lightened up.

Natalian

waxing is better than shaving ?

I wondered waxing help better 

DesertRose0706

You can get results that look almost this good (not quite though, since this is photoshoppped) with laser hair removal.  I get laser hair removal on my armpits and it looks great!

rdesigns

Was it painful?  I have never considered it, and especially not now that I am older and I have much slower growing body hair (one of the few benefits of aging...lol), but I have always been curious about what is involved in the recovery process.

DesertRose0706

It hurts a little, but no where near as painful as waxing in my opinion.  It does sort of feel like a rubber band or or a pinch every time the laser pulses.  My skin is usually a little red right after the laser treatment, but not really sore or anything.  By the next day the redness is gone and my skin is back to normal.  About 2 weeks after the treament, the hair falls out and doesnt start growing back for a couple months.  I get it done every 3 months to maintain hairlessness and when the hair does start to grow back, it is noticably thinner.

Plus the results last so much longer and are much better than waxing or shaving!

It is a little pricey, but it isnt bad at all if you wait for a good Groupon special :smileyhappy:

eadelaide1

My experience was that it felt as though someone snapped a tiny rubber band on your skin as the laser pulses on. It's not GREAT, but tolerable, and gets easier to take as it goes. Less painful than waxing on my thin, sensitive skin, but it's obviously a more drawn out procedure. :smileywink:

rdesigns

Thanks for the replies gals.  It does not sound so bad.  I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember the vintage coil Epilady Torture Devices?  They worked very well, but required a few adult beverages to get up the nerve to do... :smileyhappy:

FancyPantzy

[ Edited ]

-

rdesigns

LOL!  That device was just awful, wasn't it?  :smileywink:

FancyPantzy

[ Edited ]

-

Advanced