chouchou07

Can I use flat top brush to apply my powder foundation?

(0) Hearts

can I use flat top brush to apply my powder foundation. Powder is the only foundation I used, but it really want to have medium coverage

lylysa

Re: Can I use flat top brush to apply my powder foundation?

(0) Hearts

Flat top brushes are going to give you denser and fuller application. If you want medium, I suggest some of the below recommendations or even a domed kabuki/buffing brush (Urban Decay's Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush). The design of those are closer to a flat top brush, with the shorter, denser bristles, but the slight curve still gives softer blending abilities like a traditional fluffy powder brush.

aviscardi

[ Edited ]

usually if im wearing just powder, i prefer to apply with a fluffy large powder brush first to get the initial application down. and then i go back in and apply more with either the tarte airbrush (listed below), the tarte large kabuki or the bare minerals flat top kabuki- heavenly face brush

_5388897.jpg

It looks quite dense here but its actually not, once you use it over time it spreads out making it easier to blend out. its great for packing on powder in areas that need more coverage.

janinebt

Hi chouchou07,

I would recommend using a dense fluffy brush to provide you with the best coverage. A brush that is too dense could give the powder a really dense look. Below are some of my favorite brushes!

upload_1187752286853981398.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/classic-must-have-large-powder-brush-30-P379535?skuId=1504414

upload_2344805869068752352.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/precise-natural-powder-121-P378721?skuId=1489608

Whimsically yours,
Janine
carolang

(0) Hearts

I use bareMinerals ready foundation (pressed) and loose foundation. They created a special flat top kabuki for the ready foundation however I think it applies a little too thick and streaky upon first application.

I would recommend buffing the foundation in first with a fluffy brush and building that up a little first (very small amounts of powder buffed 2-3 times) then go in with the flat top kabuki on areas that need more coverage. I personally don't have an issue getting full coverage with a fluffy brush (it definitely requires layering thin layers though).

I watch a lot of youtube videos and one of the people I watch works for bareMinerals so wears powder foundation (loveshelby). She does a bunch of videos on proper application because a lot of people swipe on too much at once (especially with loose foundations - I was definitely guilty of this at first). She had the same problem I did with the flat top depositing too much at once then harder to blend out making it look cakey. Or if you start with the flat top and want it to look a little more refined/airbrushed then I would go in and buff in a setting powder afterwards that can help the issue as well.

vanillammm

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yes, flat top brushes work great for getting more coverage out of your powder foundation.

I use this kabuki brush from Tarte with both my Laura Mercier and Kat von D powder foundations and it gives me great coverage.

chouchou07

(0) Hearts

does kat von d powder has yellow undertones

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

her powders come in a multitude of undertones - cool, neutral, and warm. It just depends on the shade.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • janinebt
    • lylysa
    • carolang
    • vanillammm
    • chouchou07