ShimmerDust

Can First Aid Beauty's Facial Radiance pads be used in place of a toner?

(0) Hearts

I've heard that but it's usually only referred to as a "gentle, daily renewal treatment".

If they aren't, can I use them in addition to toner?

Please help! 

michmo

Re: Can First Aid Beauty's Facial Radiance pads be used in place of a toner?

I always used them in place of toner when they were part of my routine.  

maltipoo66

(0) Hearts

Yes, that's exactly what I do. But since I have dry skin, even though some people cleanse twice a day, I just stick to it once and use the radiance pads once a day as well.  I wouldn't use them in addition to a toner, since they exfoliate and cleanse, just like a toner does.

butterblume

(0) Hearts

I don't know what else facial radiance pads are meant to do, but an SA advised me that they're primarily for removing any visible texture right before applying make up (dry flakes etc) - so kind of like, a quick and gentle exfoliation. 

Toner is meant to remove any traces of dirt you still have after cleansing, and it's also supposed to tighten or reshape your pores. The dirt is really only removed by that extra step of swiping your face again - so I'd say this step is identical, and I have doubts about whether toner does actually tighten pores, in any case.

Looking at the website, the directions say to use after cleansing, and before moisturizing, and it sounds like it also acts as a toner.

You can probably skip the toner and just go with the pads imo.

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

In my opinion toner is totally unnecessary so I wouldn't know. Sorry :smileysad:

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • maltipoo66
    • ShimmerDust
    • michmo
    • kellsmuneoka
    • butterblume