ace2021

Busy College Student in Need of Help!

Hey guys!

I felt like I'd ask you guys for some advice about what I should do make up wise in school. So I've been wearing make up for a couple years now but pretty much only when I'm going out and special occasions. I usually feel very comfortable with myself and how I look without make up, but lately I've noticed all the other girls come to class looking extremely polished and done up. I hope that makes sense. 

I'm trying to find a quick make up routine so I can look just as polished. For reference I'm a 153 in MUFE HD and I don't have any major skin issues. I get occasional pimples and my forehead gets a little oily. My current morning routine is wash my face with Kate Somerville's Daily Detox, use Clinique's Dramatically Different Lotion, then put on Neutrogena's SPF 50.

Help me look more polished please!

person11

Re: Busy College Student in Need of Help!

(0) Hearts

Low maintenance: Soft, smudgy liner and Fresh tinted lip balm! 

My advice to all college chicks is to have fun and PLAY WITH COLOR!  You will have the rest of your entire professional life to wear boring neutrals.  Even if it's just a bright lip gloss or funky nail polish, live a little while you have the opportunity to play by your own rules!

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

I'm a college student and at my school it's really 50/50. Some girls dress up and do a full face of makeup everyday and some just don't really bother with either. For school, I only wear foundation and a little concealer where I need it, mascara, fill in my brows and a tinted lip balm. Like others have said, I think the key to looking polished is doing your brows! It makes a HUGE difference! I use Anastasias Brow Powder Duo and just use a cheap angled brush from ELF. Occasionally when I have more time I'll add a little highlighter or eyeliner. Hope this helps and good luck with the rest of the semester! 

melisa16

(0) Hearts

It's funny, I just switched universities and I always wear makeup even if it's a 9 a.m. class, and the girls are always dressed up but don't do much with their makeup. Funny, how schools can differ. Since you have good skin, I would just opt for tinted moisturizer or keep using the MUFE HD, I wear that to class. For eyes, do a shimmery light color on the lid to brighten up your eyes, after those rough nights of studying :smileytongue: Apply some liquid eyeliner, and if you're good at it, do a slight wing. Apply a subtle blush and whatever lipgloss/ lipstick you like. Also, for the polished look, try changing up your hairstyles. One day during the week you could do curls or a braided top knot.

kelsey808

College girl here too! I feel the same way (especially when girls are completely made-up for 8ams... I don't know how they do it). I love Anastasia brow products (the clear brow gel is my favorite) and feel a lot more "together" when my brows are looking nice. Also I hate feeling like I have heavy face makeup on when I'm at school so I always opt for a BB cream instead of foundation (I can get pretty oily throughout the day and Clinique's has been my favorite out of those I've tried). Good luck with the rest of this semester!

ace2021

Exactly! I have an 8:30 and girls come in with freshly curled hair and everything 

DrWould

I'm a college student too so I know what you're talking about. After cleansing, I apply tinted moisturizer (or you could use a BB cream instead). Then I use concealer on any blemishes or discoloration and then use a pressed powder over that. Since you have pretty good skin, you could probably skip that step. I always use liquid eyeliner on my top lid and then two coats of mascara. Eye makeup makes a big difference in my opinion!! Lastly, I put on a light pink lipstick, but you could use a tinted lip balm or a lip gloss instead. 

I agree with @kirstensf... Brows are important! I thread my eyebrows once a week and since they're pretty thick naturally, I don't fill them. 

ace2021

(0) Hearts

I get my brows threaded every two weeks! I know exactly what you mean

ilovetopurplefy

Hi!! I am also a busy college student and lately I haven't had time to really do my makeup too because I'm always flying out the door. When I do though, I usually just do my brows, foundation, concealer under the eyes, powder, highlight contour a little bit, eyeliner, mascara and lip balm for just an every day look. It usually takes me 15 minutes in the morning. Occasionally I'll wear eyeshadow, lashes, and a bold lip here and there.  But if I have a presentation, I switch the lip balm with a nude or pink lip. If' I'm going to a party or a dinner where I have to dress up, I'll do my full routine. You'll still look polished with the basic look but not too made up.

britter77

Hello,

Like you, I'm also a college student. I wear foundation (Benefit Oxygen WOW), concealer under my eyes, mascara. and groom my brows with Anastasia's brow wiz to class. It might sound like a lot, but it's my go-to simple/natural makeup look for both work and school.

Hope this helps,

Britany

kirstensf

If you want to look polished, make sure you don't forget your brows!  Whether you prefer pencil, powder, or gel, groomed brows make SUCH a difference in a person's face.  A bright lip is also a fun way to stand out and look pulled together.

Products I personally recommend would be the Anastasia brow powder duo and the YSL Glossy Stains for the lips.

ace2021

(0) Hearts

My brows are very thick naturally so I get them threaded every two weeks to keep them looking great. I feel like because of that I always feel so much better about myself! 

Thank you so much for the tip about the Glossy Stains

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • kirstensf
    • melisa16
    • ilovetopurplefy
    • brittany0859
    • ace2021