Brush cleaning

andyhtrieu

Brush cleaning

I know there has to be a ton of threads about brush cleaning, but I have a specific problem. Whenever I clean my buffing brushes, there's always a few spots in the middle of the brush that don't get clean at all. Even after washing it multiple times. 

I don' t know if you can see it very well, but the middle of the brush is still dirty with foundation

meagboho

Re: Brush cleaning

What organic shampoos do you use?

infinitise

I rotate, but right now I'm using Dr.Ron's MSM one. 

I bought it for myself, but my hair doesn't like it. but when I use it on the brush, its leaves it very very clean and soft at the same time 

I used Dessert Essence before too and I like it as well 

heartsmyface

Hmmm, I don't normally have this problem. I draw figure 8s with my brush (covered in soap) on my hand and rinse and repeat.  I dunno if that's been mentioned but its worth a try. 

heatherbee

I use one of these scrubbing pads to really get out the makeup from my brushes.  I read that someone else uses that, and it works pretty well for me.  The little nubs really help work the cleanser through the brushes.  It might not be the soap you are using, but instead that you just need to really work it through the brush.  Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

upload_4512342367162851179.jpg

missey1973

[ Edited ]

I have one that does the same thing. What makes me so mad is that I clean it, think all is good, then I look in the middle and there's still foundation in there. What the heck! It is like an endless pit foundation. What has helped me is that first I wash the brush with baby shampoo, I open the brush up and put the soap right in the middle. Then I work the brush around on a wash rag. It actually looks like I am trying to put foundation on the wash rag. Then I wash again. I have to do this about 2 times to get everything out. Now I must admit that I don't really have expensive brushes so I am kind of rough on them.

weeeeweeeeeee

What do you use to wash? I find that using the beauty blender solid cleaning soap takes everything out. I use my RT expert face brush or RT buffing brush for liquid foundations, tinted moisturizer and even cream products and I would wash my brushes once a week without any type of cleaning after each use. If you dont want to use the BB solid soap, you can try baby shampoo. I pour a quarter size onto the back of my hand and swirl the brush on my hand until all the soap turns color, then I rinse and squeeze out everything. I never have remainder gunk stuck in my brushes and bristles.

andyhtrieu

I use baby shampoo as well, but it still doesn't get everything out of this brush. It works fine with my powder and concealer brushes though

fatimamummy

I will second baby shampoo,,,,many yrs ago when I bought my first Mac brush the SA told me to wash it with baby shampoo and I still use baby shampoo to clean my brushes and never had a problem.

sdbeautyjunkie1

I agree! The BB solid is amazing!! Gets every last bit and makes my brushes look brand new :smileyhappy:

kevinbt

Hi andyhtrieu! 

I would recommend the Sephora Collection Purifying Brush Shampoo.  :smileyhappy:  It has a gel-consistency that works into a nice lather to really deep clean your brushes.  For your buffing brushes, you want to put a couple pumps directly in the middle, add a little water, and move the brush back and forth and in the palm of your hand.  When I clean my bronzer brush, I have to do this a two or three times to really get the brush 100% clean because the bristles are pretty densely packed. 

Hope this helps! 

Cheers!
Kevin 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 61 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • quixotic
    • jojobe
    • weeeeweeeeeee