kj9817

Bold lipstick (not red) for spring? I have small lips, fair skin, green eyes and dark brown hair

(0) Hearts

I'm trying to get into lip stick, its the only part of my face I haven't ever really focused on. I have one really great red lipstick, which I really rarely use. So I'm interested in finding a great, bold lip color that will be great for spring and also work with my coloring and features. I have dark brown hair, pale skin, green eyes, and small lips. Is there any kind of pink that is great for spring? I've seen so many amazing colors for this season: oranges, purples, neon pink. I'd like to try something bold and unique, but one that will work with my coloring and not make my lips look smaller. Any ideas?

emmaclaire

Re: Bold lipstick (not red) for spring? I have small lips, fair skin, green eyes and dark brown hair

(0) Hearts

YES!  NARS new Satin Lip Pencils come in a huge range of bold beautiful colors, and all are hydrating, long-lasting, and slightly plumping (in my experience).  Yu is a gorgeous hot hot pink, Luxembourg is a bright watermelon, and Palais de Jardin is a stunning deep fuschia!  

smilesr4me

Re: Bold lipstick (not red) for spring? I have small lips, fair skin, green eyes and dark brown hair

kj9817, since you have smaller lips I suggest that you use some tricks I use.  Leave the center of your lips lighter and add a tiny bit of highlighter above the cupid's bow.  I have a really small mouth, both in terms of size and lip thickness.  I'm not sure if your hair and skin learn warm, cool, or neutral, as that will make a HUGE difference in picking what colors look better with your skin.  I would suggest a raspberry color based on what you've said above, as it packs color that has depth, but can be used in a way that compliments your features through the above mentioned techniques.  Additionally, I would go for something with a more sheer and light texture, as really thick consistencies can be problematic,  in my experience.

kj9817

(0) Hearts

I have cool undertones. When you say a highlighter, can it be a eye shadow color that is really light? I also have YSL Touché Eclat stick, would that work? Any particular colors you can reccomend? 

miabt

Hi kj9817,

With thinner lips, I would suggest using a gloss or a sheen/creamy finish, to give your lips more pop. Basically stay away from mattes :smileyhappy: One of my go-to products for thinner lips is the Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Sticks, since you can line them precisely & fill in the color. Try something like Monte Carlo, which is a gorgeous magenta, for that perfect spring pop of color.

Buxom - Buxom® Big & Healthy™ Lip Stick

http://bit.ly/VeXW38

xo, Mia

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • kj9817
    • smilesr4me
    • miabt