seeingblue

Blush always looks orange!!

I have medium skin with yellow undertones and for some reason every blush I try always ends up looking orange! Could it be my foundation? I mostly try pink and plum blushes but they always appear to have an orangey hue! Any advice? 

melissabt

Re: Blush always looks orange!!

Hi Seeingblue-

I have the SAME issue! My skin is also yellow/olive undertones. I finally found the solution! If I want a soft pink shade, I have to use ones with a cool tone/blue in it. Anything slightly warm turns orange or reddish:smileysad: Laura has already given you some great recommendations! I just wanted to add a few of my favs that work well for my skin too.

Illamasqua Chased - lilac pink

chased.jpgKatie light milky pink

katie.jpg

Nars- New Order

new order.jpg

<3 Melissa
seeingblue

Thanks, Ill give a cool pink a try, the illamasqua ones look pretty! 

melissabt

:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I use Murad's Pomegranate Mask twice weekly to exfoliate.  It's gentle, does not make me peel or feel aggravated, and it softens the skin at the same time with hydration.  It's an enzymatic exfoliant, and I truly can't do without it!  If your foundation turns colors, you might want to look into using one that is oil-free.  Since I changed from a liquid to a formula-based one, I no longer have that as an issue like I did for years before.  So, is it better skin care or is it better foundation?  Not sure, but the mask is just too divine to toss aside!

laurabt

Hi Seeingblue, I agree with the suggestions that the other users have given you so far.  I would also recommend trying a color adjusting blush.  They have a unique formula that adjusts to your skin’s natural chemistry to create a customized look for your skin.  Check out: 

Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush

Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush.jpg

Stila Custom Color Blush

Stila Custom Color Blush.jpg

Smashbox O-GLOW - Intuitive Cheek Color With Goji Berry-C Complex

Smashbox O-GLOW - Intuitive Cheek Color With Goji Berry-C Complex.jpg

:smileyhappy: -Laura

seeingblue

(0) Hearts

Thanks! Those look great, I've had my eye on the smashbox one for a while.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Also are you using a foundation primer because it sounds like your foundation is not setting before you apply your blush.

seeingblue

Thanks! I'll give that a try, I don't wear primer on a daily basis

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Try a setting powder because it could very well be the that when your applying your blush your foundation is getting mixed in with your blush and it's looking orange.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Are you applying a setting powder after or before your blush?

seeingblue

I don't normally set with a powder but it looks orange the moment I apply it which is why I wonder if its my foundation. 

seeingblue

(0) Hearts

I thought oxidation might be the problem! Did you do anything specific to fix it? Like exfoliating more often or prepping the skin right before applying makeup?

jennypenny1995

In the past, I've had the same problem.  I believe it's oxidation because of oil on the skin's surface and/or skin that needs exfoliation.

seeingblue

(0) Hearts

I thought oxidation might be the problem! Did you do anything specific to fix it? Like exfoliating more often or prepping the skin right before applying makeup

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • seeingblue
    • laurabt
Photos6