veritabelle

Blush Talk

Hey there! I am looking for a blush that goes well with light skin with yellow undertones. I love pinks, because they give a youthful radiant flush.  So- a pink for yellow undertones!  I have fine wrinkles surrounding the upper cheek area, so I need a finely milled powder (one that blends well) or a gel/liquid/cream blush. 

Thanks so much for you help!

emmaclaire

Re: Blush Talk

(0) Hearts

Hey girl hey, we have the same complexion!  I'm incredibly fair with yellow undertones, and I adore pink blushes.  I only wear powder blushes so I can't give any firsthand recommendations for cream/gel blushes but I have heard rave reviews about Josie Maran's coconut gelee blush and Make Up For Ever's new cream blush!

For powder blushes, I really love Clinique's cheek pops in Plum Pop and Berry Pop (both beautiful pink shades, incredibly soft and natural but easily built to more intense pigmentation) which have the most stunning finish - it's a satiny finish, so it's not exactly matte but there is NO visible glitter or shimmer, it just looks like you have lovely naturally flushed and slightly glow-y cheeks.  I cannot over-recommend these!

Tarina Tarantino also makes a stunning powder blush that provides a tiny bit more shimmer - no glitter or sparkle but definitely more luminous than matte for half the shades.  I like all of the shades to be honest, but Carved Rose, Charm, and Parasol are pink-based and have the most buttery soft feel of any powder blush I've tried, while retaining excellent pigmentation and staying powder.

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

Hey I am digging this back up rather than making a new topic. I have light-medium skin tone, I tan pretty quickly so it only takes a couple afternoons of yard work to move my skin tone for one to the other, neutral to warm undertones, blue eyes and blonde hair. I know absolutely nothing about blush. Nothing at all. I have only just barely started attempting to use it. I have watched youtube videos, I have a pretty good idea of where its supposed to go, I even bought the RT blush brush, just not how to find a good color, because they all look strange to me. I need a blush with training wheels, something that is impossible to mess up. I would really prefer to keep the price point on the lower side until I get a handle on what I am doing, Its weird I know, but I can't bring myself to run trial and error on nice products, its just against my grain. If I get it figured out then I will be all about the fancy stuff, but right now I just want something I can play with. (Picture Eddie Izzard's playing with the metric system and your in the right mind set)

killahbabe

Well, you sound like you look like me! My favorite blush for spring is Tarte's Tipsy. It's a lovely coral color. Don't be shocked by the look in the pan, it goes on very natural. I also love Tarte's Dollface which is a soft, baby pink shade.

warriorwitch

Tipsy, that's a great name for a blush, though if I was tipsy I probably wouldn't need in makeup to color my cheeks. I will check those out when I am ready to take off the training wheels.

crayzeeRN

I completely understand! When I first started messing around with eyeliner (I was a total noob with eyeliner there for a while) I bought a bunch of drugstore liners to mess around with first before moving up to some higher end brands :smileyhappy:

Two drugstore blushes that are very reasonably priced but surprisingly darn good quality are Rimmel London and Nyx.

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

Ohh, I keep forgetting we have NYX at Target now. I will check that out. I so used to not looking at blushes my brain went "Wait Rimmel makes blushes???". LOL

crayzeeRN

The little trios Rimmel makes are probably my favorite drug store blush!! Their single color blushes are really pretty too :smileyhappy:

melde

[ Edited ]

I second NYX blushes as good started blushes and surprisingly I'm going to add two more!

I think that wet & wild blushes (gasp!) are incredibly pigmented and actually pretty. There are only like 3 colors so just pick the one you like best. You do need to apply with a light hand, though. They are like $3.

Also, there are a few elf blushes (gasp again!) that are pretty decent for being $3. They are pigmented enough but not crazily so, so you can't mess up easily. I think these would make good starter blushes and good for experimenting with colors without spending a ton of money.

warriorwitch

I am just finally starting to dig into WNW for more than then nail polish. So far I think they have some pretty good stuff considering the price range. I am sure I will be able to find those.

So elf, WNW, Rimmel, NYX... Anyone tried the Milani blushes? I am a big fan of their powder foundation, but I know there range is targeted more towards medium-tan skin tones, possibly the blushes would be too dark for newbs to play with and not be ridiculous, specially seeing as I am still haven't seen much of the sun this year.

melde

Yes, their products are definitely hit or miss but a few of them are actually really good!

I once bought a few blushes but they were very sparkly, too sparkly for my taste. I heard they came out with matte blushes I have been wanting to try, though! I think they only make two matte colors. The other colors are pretty but super, super sparkly. :smileysad:

warriorwitch

Yea, I don't want to be too sparkly. I live in AZ and in the summer wearing all matte will still have a nice luminous glow fairly quickly. XD All that fine weather we have here. I feel a drugstore raid coming on. Right on time for me to get sucked into all the new summer stuff. Go out to get blush, come home with bags full of nail polish and eyeliner... Call me psychic, cause I am predicting the future. Haha.

melde

Hahah, yes, with the summer heat the last thing you need are sparkles getting stuck in the sweat on your face. :smileywink:

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

The fabulous "Wet-Shine" look, brought to you by the Sonoran Desert. Somebody call Vogue. :smileytongue:

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

I have yet to post the pic ever in the boards, so Im gonna try to show you this beautiful color that I really think you will 110% Love :smileyhappy:

Well, I tried, I dont quite unerstand the entire "PINTREST"..wich I will figure out, I wish I could show the beauty of this blush here, but hopefully I gave all the info for everyone interested to find it ...

Peace and Love to ya 'all :smileywink:

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts
Spoiler

I have a VERY light skinned friend with the same undertones your talking about.She swears by this SEPHORA COLORS BLUSH and she ALWAYS looks Beautiful :smileywink:

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Colorful Blush - Item #1318146 - Size0.11 oz

Color - Rose Petal 08 - matte medium pink

It is such a beautiful color and it has lasting staying power !

Never hurts to try, you can always return it, and tust me - she has tried over 47 different Brands and colors that Sephora sells ! ( I had to call her and double check since she uses in-store mostly )

ghkim

ah, there are so many! yellow undertones can mix with a pink blush and cause it to lean peachy. and it can mix with a peach blush and cause it to go sort of orange. so, i tend to like blue based pink blushes with my yellow undertones. dior rosy glow, nars gaeity, illamasqua promise, and tarte dollface are all in that family.

Embolalia

Sounds like you and I have similar skin tones. My favorite pink blushes are Tarte Dollface, Achiote, and Tipsy. You might also check out the Becca Beach Tints. I have Fig, which is a really soft mauve color, but they have brighter pinks and the texture is amazing.

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Veritabelle,

I suggest NARS The Multiple in Orgasm or Riviera. This multipurpose makeup stick gives a radiant natural glow!

:smileyhappy: -Laura

jwilk241

My favorite blush is Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in Dollface. It's such a beautiful light pink that gives a very natural flush look.

LariTheLoud

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

How about MUFE HD Cream Blush in 215 or 225? I remember swatching pretty much all of the shades in person and 210 is a very cool pink. I believe 215 and 225 are both warmer colors. 220 (the pink sand shade), I believe, has a little bit of brown to it... 410 is extremely coral but it would definitely brighten up your face. I hope this helps! Good luck on your search!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 38 replies
  • 50 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • daisies121
    • killahbabe
    • emmaclaire
    • veritabelle
    • tracygirl64