unwell

Best skin care companies

Hi, I understand that we all have different skin types and are looking for different results from specific products, however, I spent about $2 or more per day for the skin care items I use. I spend a fair amount and am in my late 40's and would just appreciate an experts opinion of a few of your top skin care lines you carry. Thank you so much for your assistance. 

unwell

Re: Best skin care companies

Hi Randee,

thank you for responding. I have T zone skin but am working to keep the wrinkles at a minimum at my age. I also have large pores on my nose which have become smaller with the blue plasma from Perricone. I am using blue plasma and the Algernist serum with Bobby Brown night cream at night. In the day I am using Perricone OVM, the all around the eye and the peach colored Perricone plasma for morning moisterising I am concerned if I am wasting money, if I am using to much or am I ok or maybe I should be using another skin care line. I would appreciate any help. 

Thank you

btmod2

(0) Hearts

Hi unwell,

It sounds like you already have a great regimen! Perricone MD and Algenist are both amazing skincare lines with effective anti-aging products. Good skincare products are always a great investment. I don't think you are using too much on your skin. Are you using an SPF? If you're not already using an SPF, that is something I would add to your existing regimen. My favorite facial sunscreen is the Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40 For Face/Body. This sunscreen blends in very easily and makes a great base for any makeup. :smileyhappy:

If you're not using a facial exfoliator, I would recommend exfoliating two times a week. A great exfoliator that we carry is the Laura Mercier Face Polish. It has a wonderful texture and does not have any irritating ingredients in it. It is gentle while still being effective. I also love the light, refreshing scent this product has.

Best,

Randee

btmod2

Hi unwell,

I think that every skincare company we carry at Sephora has some really outstanding products. The thing to remember with skincare is that some brands that work incredibly well for one person's skincare concerns may not work as well for another person. Everyone's skin reacts differently to certain ingredients. On a daily basis, I use products from between 5 and 10 brands. What are your primary skin concerns? I would be happy to recommend some products for you after I know a little bit more about your skin.

Best,
Randee

SirenPrincess

Sephora doesn't carry it, but I've had miraculous results with Jan Marini, and I do not use that word lightly.

Alygal90

I've had a lot of luck with Ole Henricksen.

LindenAnn

(0) Hearts

I have a hard time getting skin care to actually absorb into my skin and not just sit on top. The only brand I've had consistent success with is Clarins. 

TrysBeautyItems

Try the Clarisonic, it's made to open/clear pores so products get absorbed fully.

unwell

(0) Hearts

Thank you vvib. I have a couple lines I use and am wondering if the experts mention them. Hey, I think all of us make up junkies are experts in certain aspects. Thank you for answering. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I'm not an expert, but Korean people are crazy about skin care. 

I grew up hearing the most about Estee Lauder, La Mer, Sisley, and Lancome SK2 for skin care. It's still on people's most wanted list from duty free especially for anti aging. 

I personally don't think they have the best ingredients, but I don't think many companies can beat their years of research and technology 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • infinitise
    • Alygal90
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • SirenPrincess
    • LindenAnn