Best primer for oily, acne prone skin?

I need serious advice about the best primer. My skin is very oily and therefore my pores get clogged and form pimples during the day. I need a primer that smooths out my skin/pores and keeps oil at bay while also keeping pimples from forming throughout the day, one that keeps my foundation even as well. 

***I tried the Cover FX primer and it does nothing for my skin 

Re: Best primer for oily, acne prone skin?

(0) Hearts

Try Becca's Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector!! You need to moisturize your hands, rub them together, then rub/warm up the primer in your fingers and then apply (either pat on or smooth on). Then let it dry - it sometimes leaves a white layer, but that goes away once you apply your foundation or bb cream. It feels tight as first but I never need powder when I use it and it makes my makeup last all day! (I have really really oily skin)

For some reason I can't reply to other comments, but I agree with mxcx below on the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. I have extremely sensitive, acne prone combo skin so most primers really don't work for me. Got a sample of this and it is lovely!

(0) Hearts

Do not buy the Too Faced in the white tube.  It says it is oil-free and made for sensitive skin.  I have oily skin bad and I bought that because I love Too Faced products and the description sounded great.  After like an hour of applying that primer by face was an oil pit.  I use Benefit Porefessinal.  I like it and so far it's the best primer I've used for my skin.  I want to try the Hourglass one now because everyone on here seems to have nothing but good things to say about it!

Also you can always get a sample of primer before you buy it.  Most Sephora's I've been to are very willing to give out a sample.

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, hands down!

Your skin sounds very similar to mine. I'm incredibly oily, very acne-prone, and I have lots of congestion in my pores. The Hourglass Mineral Veil primer really helps mattify your face as well as even out some redness. I also tried the Cover FX primer, as well as lots of other mattifying primers and nothing did anything for me. ): Except for Hourglass Mineral Veil. 

I also really recommend you check out Hourglass Immaculate Foundation. It's amazing used with the Mineral Veil primer, and it's the only foundation I've found that lasts more than a few hours on me. Plus it doesn't clog my pores, has a great matte and velvety finish, and looks pretty natural. 

(0) Hearts

@mxcx, Do you think the Hourglass primer would be suitable for dry skin?