hazysky

Best pencil or powder for black asian eyebrows?

[ Edited ]

I'm looking for an eyebrow product for truly black, a little sparse eyebrows.  I don't know if it matters, but I'm Korean. I've gone into stores and I keep getting told to try a taupe color, but they are too red for my skin coloring.  I need a product  that leans cool in color that matches my brow color and won't break me out.  I'm pretty pale and my hair is jet black.

hazysky

Re: Best pencil or powder for black asian eyebrows?

(0) Hearts

I just got Lioele's auto brow pencil in #3. OMG!  I love this pencil.  The color is a charcoal grey color that isn't too dark or light.  I'll try to post a swatch of it next to Anastasia's Granite when I get a chance.  

I wish there were more colors like this.  I'm now on the hunt for a dark grey or charcoal grey eyeshadow and eyeliner that might be easier to buy.

hazysky

(0) Hearts

I just ordered Illamasqua's brow cake in Vehement.  Fingers crossed!

kcirtap

(0) Hearts

Thanks for this thread! I've been looking around for a suitable brow pencil for my Asian eyebrows too.

Dayen

(0) Hearts

My brows are very similar.

Universal brow pencil from It Cosmetics looks really good on, it's a cool taupe so no red. It almost looks like the shadow of the brow. 

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi Hazysky,

Anastasia Beverly Hills have the best range of brow products from a range of reds to black. I'd suggest the color ebony. They have a few different products to choose in this color: brow pencils and powders.

upload_1389325062282844789.jpg

upload_7089874604394179994.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
hazysky

(0) Hearts

I follow Jen (frmheadtotoe) as well and her eyebrow color is EXACTLY like mine.  It's basically black/blackish-grey.  I always have a hard time trying to explain my eyebrow hair color to people.  Thanks @Missie772 for posting that picture!

I haven't tried Lioele's automatic brow pencil in #3 yet.  It's on order lol.  I bought Anastasia's new brow powder duo in Granite.  I'm on the fence about this product though.  I might be breaking out from it.  I use a clean brush each time, but I'm getting pimples where there were none before. The color match is ok, but if I look closely there's this weird "greenish" tinge to it when I put it on.  I'm not quite sure what's going on there.  I want to try a few others.  I'd like to stay away from hard pencils though.  I don't want my eyebrow hairs ripped out because I have to press really hard.

I saw that Illamasqua has an eyebrow cake.  I'm not sure whether to try Vehement (soft black) or Gaze (dark slate grey).  Has anyone tried either?  What do you think? I'd like some input before I go ahead and buy one.  

I also just ordered Clinique's Brow Shaper in Charcoaled. The picture makes it look Taupe-ish though - not sure if it'll look brownish-purple on.  I have my fingers crossed.  

Missie772

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Have you thought about Lioele Brow #3? It is grey black and is made for dark Asian eyebrows:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Z0ND-lAd-to/Tdlceb-mUyI/AAAAAAAAEqA/Mrh4TNeVmVQ/s640/brows4.jpg

You can buy it on Amazon or eBay. Or you can try an Asian beauty website.

Photo Credit: frmheadtotoe

hazysky

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I just got Lioele's auto brow pencil in #3 and it's love so far!

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Hazysky,

Have you ever tried the Benefit Instant Brow Pencil? My brows are really dark too and when my hair was jet black this shade was a good match.

deep.jpg

Shade deep

http://www.sephora.com/instant-brow-pencil-P215937?skuId=1100338

<3 Melissa
hazysky

(0) Hearts

Thanks for replying milissabt!  I remember swatching Benefit's brow pencil in the darkest shade they had and unfortunately, it looked really brown and unnatural on me.  

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

lilyyy

(0) Hearts

I use Anastasia pencil in Brunette.

gongju87

(0) Hearts

I'm korean and have black brows as well. The pencil I have been using and loving is the Dior Eyebrow Styler. Its a universal shade that you can make darker or lighter dependent on the amount of pressure you use.

I think it looks natural and is cooler than most brown shades you will find

knadala

(0) Hearts

You can use a brow gel, MAC has a great formula with different shades for you to test out on your skin color. It's better than a pencil which can create harsh lines, and powder can sometimes look different from when its in the package and when you apply it on your brows.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Shiseido eyebrow pencils have been my go-to for the past 10+ years. I waver between Dark Brown (when I'm darker in the summer months) and Light Brown (for the rest of the year.) It's not too waxy, which I prefer since I'm pretty heavy handed when it comes to drawing in my brows :smileyhappy: Also, it stays put throughout the day.

hazysky

(0) Hearts

I've wanted to try Shiseido's eybrow pencil in Natural Black but, I don't see it available on the website.

hazysky

I've tried Medium Brown and it's unfortunately too "brown" and the color doesn't quite match my naturally black eyebrow hairs.

ghkim

(0) Hearts

i totally agree with you - on me, it looks like my eyebrows are reddish brown and the hair on my head is black. if you want a powder, try mac's copperplate eyeshadow with a thin eyebrow brush. this is the closest thing i've found so far.

keelybt

Hi Hazysky, I would be careful about going to dark as it will make your brows heavier.  I would recommend trying Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brown.  It has two cool based shades you can mix to get the perfect match for your coloring.

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo

http://www.sephora.com/brow-powder-duo-P69300?skuId=929778

hazysky

(0) Hearts

I've tried Medium Brown and it's unfortunately too brown and light. The color doesn't quite match my naturally black eyebrow hairs.  I wish it did though.

roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I agree with Keely.  Anasatasia is awesome and the brow powder is so cool (it's been on my list forever!)  that way you can control the color.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • hazysky
    • wildhoney
    • melissabt
    • lilyyy
    • janinebt