Abbalynn

Best moisturizer for oily skin

(0) Hearts

Hello skin care experts! I'm 21 years old and have very oily skin, along with redness and acne scars here and there. I've been searching for a moisturizer that actually helps balance my oily skin. I've tried several store brands (Neutragena, Grassroots, Clinic Dramatically Different) and very recently sampled the Shiseido Pureness mattifying oil-free moisturizer. I was also using Philosophies purity made simple for oily skin along with it. Unfortunately, I saw no difference in either products. In fact, I now have a few dry spots that are peeling and a lot of redness around my nose and lower cheeks. I'm think I'm going to go back to using Purpose as a cleanser but I still do not have an effective moisturizer :smileysad: I've you guys could please recommend some worth trying, preferably under $20, that would be amazing, but I'm definitely up for spending a little more if it truly works. Thanks so much!!!

Abbalynn

Re: Best moisturizer for oily skin

(0) Hearts

I appreciate all of your responses very much!! Thank you thank you for all of your input!! It's very difficult to research every single moisturizer out there, so getting specific products helps me so much. Thanks again everyone!!!

atr3810

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I too have very oily acne-prone skin, and I fell in love with the Cetaphil Oil-Control Moisturizer.  You should be able to find it at any drug store, and it has SPF 30, so you don't need an extra sunscreen.  It has definitely helped manage my oily skin, and it has not made me break out at all.  I never thought I could use moisturizer every day (thought it was only for dry skin!), but this has just helped keep everything in a nice balance.  Good luck!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I was using fresh soy face lotion when i was oilier. but i actually stopped because my skin is combo or combo/dry at times. It's super light weight and refreshing.

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

swfupload_2538971393259330065.pngyes to tomatoes , skin moisturizer its 15 dollars. Really helps with the oil.

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Abbalynn,

It sounds like what you are currently using might be a little too harsh for your skin.  I'd suggest trying the Murad line, but tailoring it to fit your needs.  A lot of people say its overly drying, but I've found that mixing it up and targeting the oilier areas really helps to balance it out.  In the Acne Complex Kit, I use the Cleanser & Moisturizer twice daily, but I only use the Exfoliating Acne Treatment in the areas I need it most (for me its my t-zone) & not the rest of my face, as I realize it wasnt needed on my cheeks.  I hope that helps!!

Murad - Acne Complex® Kit

http://bit.ly/13g1eqq

xo, Mia

iya108

(0) Hearts

I tried pretty much everything out there too.Have been on antibiotics for 6 months, but then i got pregnant and had to stop!

I recently got tester for "Acne-Fighting Mattifying Moisturizer" by Sephora and i loved it. Going to purchase it this week.Give it a try, maybe it helps you too its $18 I believe...Good luck!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • miabt
    • atr3810
    • pinkonyx
    • Abbalynn
    • iya108