deckie001

Best matte finish?

Hello,

I'm trying to find a tinted moisturizer/ BB cream that has more of a matte finish (as my skin can be a bit oily)....any suggestions?

Thanks!!

RandeeBT

Re: Best matte finish?

Hi deckie001!

If you want light to medium coverage, I highly recommend trying REN's Satin Perfection BB Cream. I have oily skin as well and this BB cream has a very mattifying finish and still feels extremely lightweight on the skin. 

Another one of my favorites is Diorskin's Nude BB Creme. This BB Cream has slightly more coverage than the REN BB Cream and also has a few more color options!

I definitely recommend setting the BB cream with a powder to keep your skin shine-free all day. My favorite powder for this Too Faced's Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder. I like to bring this with me for touchups throughout the day as well. :smileyhappy: 

Best,
Randee
mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

Smashbox bb cream is more more matte. Check for oil free ones in your search. You can also use a setting powder. 

quixotic

(0) Hearts

Hi deckie,

I haven't tried a lot of tinted moisturizers/BB creams so I'm sure others will have more suggestions for you, but one of the reasons I never tried a lot is I also have oily skin.  I just never imagined finding one that could hold up, particularly in the summer.  But I am a big Perricone MD fan, so recently I tried his new No Foundation Foundation Serum and it has become my summer staple.  If you want the sheerer coverage of a tinted moisturizer/BB cream with matte finish, the No Foundation Foundation Serum absolutely fits the bill.  I find I don't even need to apply primer under it and the coverage will last the day with minimum shine through.  The only downside is right now, it only comes in shade no. 2, for light to medium skin.  If you are very fair this might be too dark for you.  Hope this helps!

http://www.sephora.com/no-foundation-foundation-serum-P386465?skuId=1608397

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • quixotic
    • mrsbaine
    • RandeeBT
    • deckie001