Veronicababy

Best makeup for sensitive skin

Hi, I'm looking for a foundation for a light coverage. I have dry, flaky areas mostly on T zone. I also ave very sensitive eye love to wear shadows, but have unsuccessfully found a shadow that won't make my lids swell and itch. I flush and get red in the face very easy, I need something that won't intensify this , minerals felt heavy on my skin and made me get red and hot. I hope someone can help. Thank You in advance

Veronicababy

Re: Best makeup for sensitive skin

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Veronicababy, 

I like all the suggestions you've had so far and to add to your allergies to mineral makeup, it could definitely be a certain ingredient that you may be allergic to, and with eyeshadows, the same.

First for foundations I'd suggest a lightweight and sheer makeup, even a BB Cream to hydrate your skin would be a good decision!

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

Sheer Glow Foundation

Sephora Collection Instant Radiance Foundation

Instant Radiance Foundation

Dr. Jart Water Fuse Beauty Balm

Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++

Boscia BB Cream (great for sensitive skin types!)

B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++

As for eyeshadows, steer away from purples, pinks and reds which tend to contain a coloring ingredient that you may be allergic to (very common!) and try just using non mineral neutrals, browns, greens, blues and greys or even a shadow pencil:

MUFE Aqua Shadow

Aqua Shadow

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencil

24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil

Stila Convertible Eye Color

Convertible Eye Color

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
aiobhan

I have sensitive, combination skin with rosacea - I also have super sensitive eyes. I've found some brands that have *never* irritated my skin or eyes, no matter what products I use.

Here are the products I have never had a negative reaction to:

Clinique Lash Power Mascara Long-Wearing Formula
Clinique Moisture Surge Intense For Very Dry To Dry Combination Skin
Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Urban Decay eyeshadows and eye primer
Bare Minerals powder foundation
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush
Tarte EmphasEYES™ Waterproof Clay Shadow / Liner

Also, what REALLY helps me is not applying makeup to a freshly-washed face. I have to wait a few hours after I wash (and ALWAYS moisturize - it helps create a barrier over your fresh skin) before I can apply any face makeup.

Avoid harsh cleansers - maybe try an oil cleanser, or try making your own. Cleansers with things like rice powder and oats will help calm your skin a lot. Moisturizers were always the hardest for me to use. Clinique has never, ever irritated my skin. I reccomend anything from their moisture surge line or their redness reducers line.

Good luck!

bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

I have the same skin as you and I found that makeup forever HD does not cause a reaction to my skin nor does Mac studio fix fluid, which I thought would since a lot of people said Mac breaks them out. Makeup Forever is a medium coverage but can be sheered out to light. If Clinique is on the pricer side I would say try cetaphil gentle cleanser.

bc555

(0) Hearts

Josie Maran or Tarte are two brands to look into for sensitive skin...I know those two brands are formulated without some of the rough stuff in other brands....Josie Maran also has argan oil in it, so it might help with dry skin.

You might try some of the other Josie Maran products with the foundation to help with the dry areas...or use a BB Cream to help moisturize and cover up too (I know Tarte has a good one...I don't know if Josie Maran has one)

Going natural might also help - but that depends on what you're allergic to...if you can find out what your body is reacting to than that will help you eliminate certain products immediately (your doctor or dermatologist will probably be able to help give you better guidance on finding out what you're allergic to)

EliVIB123

(0) Hearts

I once had the same problem so I asked around and everybody told me about Bobbi Brown foundation. I tried it and it worked like a charm. I don't have that skin problem anymore but I still use it all the time. Of course everyone's skin is unique so I don't know how it will work for you. Anyways give it a shot if you haven't tried it. As for eyeshadow try Urban Decay or maybe Laura Mercier. They're all great!!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

hmmm.....sometimes sensitve skins are irritated by chemicals so people go the natural route, and sometimes they are irritated by natural product so that may or may not be the best way.

Laura Mercier have good make up products, you can look into Urban Decay Naked foundation. I think Josie Maran eyeshadow is probably a safe bet for you. Some people are allergic to Tarte eyeshadows tho I haven't had any problem and think they should be ok. Basically I recommend finding the product you are interested in, sort by lowest rating, then scan them to see if anyone had irritations.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • aiobhan
    • dianabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • bananachoox3
    • EliVIB123
    • bc555