Answer
Accepted Solution
Best makeup for oily acne prone skin that won't clog my pores and has a good coverage

I've been suffering with acne problems (acne scars, etc)  for quite a while now. What's most frustrating is that I'm almost 21. I love makeup but prefer not to wear much, but I do theater and presentations constantly and have to  wear much of it. I've been using Bare Minerals for like 2 years now, but I'm not sure if I'm using the best brand for my skin situation. I mean it does feel nice in my skin, but it looks flaky, won't last much, coverage is so so, and at the end of the day I end up with a zit or two. It's really frustrating, 'cause I like mineral makeup, but it doesn't seem to help much in my case. Maybe I'm using it wrong, though I saw the how-to vids and wash my brushes everyday with the daily makeup brush cleaner and weekly with the brush shampoo... and if I may add I also wash my face day and night, use good facial masks, drink lots of water, eat healthy, etc.  

Advice needed please and thank you!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello zee23, 

I have two recommendations for you to try out:

Cover FX ClearPrep FX Matte Foundation Primer and Anti Acne Treatment is a great primer to put on the skin that helps to protect the skin, prevent and clear breakouts, and keeps shine away from oily skin:

Cover FX - Clearprep FX Matte Foundation Primer and Anti-Acne Treatment

Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free Makeup which is an oil free and mattifying foundation that has a buildable medium coverage that is amazing for a long lasting finish and even, smooth coverage without irritating the skin more. It's very lightweight and won't cause more irritation or acne, but is good at not clogging the skin more:

Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Answers: 7
Answered
(0) Hearts

oh i forgot..don't forget a primer..that's actually really important.. This is one I recommend http://www.sephora.com/veil-mineral-primer-spf-15-P210575?skuId=1074442

Answered
(0) Hearts

Hey same here, I  have alot of acne, and so far.. I use bare mineral but it doesn't give me much coverage. I use dior flawless foundation , and I use my bare mineral's  for dark spot, and more coverage (if needed ) . These are the products. 

http://www.sephora.com/diorskin-forever-flawless-perfection-wear-makeup-P297405?skuId=1373166

http://www.sephora.com/bareminerals-multi-tasking-face-P61006?skuId=1073063

http://www.sephora.com/jumbo-xl-bareminerals-reg-spf-15-original-foundation-P377102?skuId=1487156

:smileyhappy: hope this help 

Answered
(0) Hearts

i used the Clinique acne blemish solutions foundation and Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free Makeup and find its does wonder on my acne prone skin!!!

Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I am 16 and I also have oily, acne prone skin that  I have been getting a pretty good handle on lately but I still have scars. I would defintely recommend Make up forever's Mat velvet foundation. It does'nt dry out your skin but still has amazing coverage that you won't even need concealer for. Also Smashbox's color correcting primer (the green one) before your foundation. You should also use oil absorbing powder to finish it of and make sure to blot with blotting paper through out the day in you oily spots. See? not to many products, only 3 is all you really need ^-^ Definetly give your skin a break every now and again and let it breath by not wearing makeup. It doesn't have to be a day that you go out, just like a sick day or at-home day just to let your pores breathe. That all should defintely help, it works for me. Hope this helps you ^-^

Answered
(0) Hearts

I wouldn't over load your skin with too many products, do a facial at least 1-2 times a week so you don't dry out your skin which can irritate it. Make sure that your cosmetics are non-comedogenic which means they shouldn't plog up your pores. Clinique has good liquid foundation for acne prone skin. If your skin is flaky then it coul be on the dry side and you may want to consider exfoliating it (with some thing gentle) at least once a week to take away the flakes.. Surprisingly drinking water doesn't do much for your skin but it keeps you hydrated so you should drink lots of it any ways. You may want to consider using make up for sensative skin that has a moisturiser in it. By the way if it's not meant for sensative skin then mineral make up could actually cause break outs, because the minerals in it could be harsh for your skin.

Use a good cleansing was with salacilic acid in it and a moisturiser for sensative skin.

Could be worse... I'm all most 36, and still dealing with acne, sensative skin, large pores, and wrinkles. I've tried just about every thing.

RIght now I'm using Garnier BB cream as a foundation (doesn't seam to irritate my skin), Physicians formula for blush, Powder from Benefit, Kat Von D eye shadows (love her shadows), Loreal eye liner, cover girl mascara.

If all else fails see a dermatologist and see if they can recomend any thing for your acne.

Answered
(0) Hearts

I also struggle with acne scars and the best one I have tried so far is benefit Hello Flawless. I don't even need concealer and it feels really light. It also doesn't clog my pores. Hope this helped:smileyhappy:

Answered
(0) Hearts

I have acne prone skin that can get pretty shiny/oily at the end of the day. Here's what I use:

Skin care:
Bliss - No Zit Sherlock. I use the cleanser, serum, and oil control moisturizer. Once a week I use the rubberizing mask. It really helps keep my acne down and has been doing wonders at evening out my skintone.

swfupload_4183013488863757991.jpg

Primer:

Stila - One step correct. It's not as heavy as other primers and it evens out my face really well. If you have a lot of scarring, I've heard that the Smashbox green primer is the way to go.

swfupload_324333585530769127.jpg

Foundation: Stila just makes the perfect foundation for my skin tone which is a neutral, not really a warm or a cool. I've used both the Perfect & Correct, and the Stay All Day. The latter is more covering, but can be a bit heavy as the day goes on. I find I have to use a bit of loose powder or a blotting paper with that one. 

swfupload_161422904813446763.jpgswfupload_4064602832968287231.jpg

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
Photos4
  • swfupload_4183013488863757991.jpg
  • swfupload_324333585530769127.jpg
  • swfupload_161422904813446763.jpg
  • swfupload_4064602832968287231.jpg