foreverteresa

Best liquid under eye concealers?

[ Edited ]

Lately I've been staying up late, and have obtained dark circles as a result. They are not extreme, but are noticeable, especially around the inner corners. I would love if you could recommend any liquid concealers that will cover up the darkness, won't accentuate the dryness around my eyes, and are not drying. If the concealer is paraben-free, it would be even better!

Concealers I've tried, and have not worked:

• Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
  • Bare Minerals Pot Concealer- can't remember the name, I actually haven't used this under my eyes because the shade I have is too dark, let me know if it works though! :smileyhappy:
  • Chanel Concealer- the liquid one, can't remember the name :smileysad:
  • Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
  • Garnier Dark Circle Concealer
  • Maybelline Fit Me
  • Rimmel Illuminating Concealer
  • Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer

Thanks.  

LacyMae

Re: Best liquid under eye concealers?

(0) Hearts

bobbi brown concealer duo

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

I use urban decay primer potion under my eyes followed by bare minerals stroke of light concealer it works awesome!

taisha27

(0) Hearts

I have really bad dark circles as well so i use the Bobbi brown corrector with Estee lauder double wear concealer. The Bobbi brown has a very creamy (bordering on sticky) texture but it sets up well and works great with the Estee Lauder concealer which has a cream to powder texture.

I used to use the Prolongwear but wasnt a fan of it. But seeing how many people  suggested it I might pull it out and give it another go with the BB corrector under it.

Also i do feel like any concealer goes on so much better over a primer even if its just a face primer.

ArohpesGirl

(0) Hearts

I have very bad dark circles so I've tried just about everything too.

I'm quite fair, so recently I tried my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Anti-Aging under my eyes, which is paraben free, etc. and has all the anti-aging benefits, so that is all a plus.

upload_6669920700956738381.jpg

I was just sick of everything always disappearing, even when they claimed to be long wearing, and wow, was I happy. Its practically good enough on it's own, but you can easily go over it with any of your usual concealers or just your regular liquid foundation to keep it light. A tiny bit goes a long way.

Here's a color hint too: Turn your wrist over, check the color of your veins. If they appear blueish, then you have cool tone skin and you may want to use a peachy color corrector. If you have greenish veins, then you may want to go a bit more pinkish. And if you are very dark, try something more orange. Or if you are from India (or Indian decent) a classic beauty trick is to use a tumeric mask. So try that and/or a yellow tinted corrector.

Its more important to "correct" the color difference so your eyes brighten up, more than it is to "conceal" with a skin tone match, which tends to look ashy.

Good luck!

foreverteresa

(0) Hearts

Wow! Thank you so much, this was super helpful, I'll definitely have to try out that primer potion and use the color tip next time as well! 

reflectsgold

(0) Hearts

Dark complected people have different undertones so an orange corrector will not work for everyone. OP, i came in here to suggest MAC pro longwear also. 

TeemaB

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Have you tried Bobbi Browns Correctors??! I use a salmon colored one and it completely cancels the darkness! They are amazing! I know you are looking for liquid but I think this amazing creamy texture will do wonders for you becuase it does not accentuate lines around the eyes and a little goes a longg way! I have terrrible dark circles under my eyes and they make me look like I have a black eye (no joke Ive been asked if I smudged eyeliner under my eyes). 

And if you really want a liquid one try Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer! Its super cheap at Walmart! Only $6! And super full coverage :smileyhappy:

taylorkiryluik

(0) Hearts

I recently got the Marc Jacobs remedy pen in bright idea-- its more of a peachy undertone. The sales associate helping me pick it out also showed me another one with more of a yellow undertone. For my skin and for the under eye area, she suggested that the pink  would look more natural. But again thats based on my skin, I personally really like it, it does a good job of brightening my under eye and making me look awake. tt is a bit more expensive though, if you wanna try it out first im sure they wouldn't mind giving you a sample to try out before making the leap to purchase!

Tiffy20

(0) Hearts

I've tried all the ones you listed including 3 different MAC ones, YSL high end one, a Kevyn Aucoin one, and a couple of the LA Girl concealers. I hate admitting this but the LA Girl is pretty good and only 5 bucks...

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

I've been dying to try the LA Girl Concealers! But its frustrating that its not found in stores. And I have a diffficult time trying to figure out my shade online! 

SydBristow

I've been looking for a concealer and just tried Bare Minerals Stroke of Light after seeing a YouTube video. OMG I am so amazed at how well it works. I did use a little finishing powder after.

Kiki1517

Just added to my cart :smileytongue:

I keep looking at brightening pens, not just for undereyes but highlighting and I can't use YSL Touche Eclat because it's not paraben free, I always skip over the BM section. Can't wait to try this now.

SydBristow

[ Edited ]

Awesome! I was skeptical because I've tried so many that haven't worked.  Can't wait to see what you think! :smileyhappy: I'm very pleased how well it's worked for me!

CaitlinBrunson

Mac's prolongwear. My favorite trip too is putting a white or cream eyeliner in the inner corner. Make sure it is blended well to make it look natural and it looks like I sleep 8+ hours every night, when really thats how much I get in a week!

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I 2nd MAC Prolongwear. Does not crease whatsoever! I just wish it came in a tube and not a pump. When I want to look super awake, after I set the concealer, I will also swipe on the tiniest amount of powder highlighter over my undereye as well. 

@Caitlin - I'm noticing we have very similar preferences, high five! :smileyhappy:

CaitlinBrunson

@Kiki1517 - High five back! I was noticing that too!

Mac's Prep + Prime Vibrancy is also a great thing to put under it! (doubles as a good day eye cream and has a slight sheen to brighten up the area) I would also Youtube some videos in terms to make sure your application is on point.  Considering how many concealers you have tried, this might be something to look into!  

foreverteresa

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the tips! I think I will be trying out the MAC Prolongwear considering how many people love it! I've heard it can be drying though, is this true? I will also have to have a look at the Prep+Prime! Thanks again!

anaa

(0) Hearts

The one I am suggesting is in a tube, and I apply it over eye cream.  It is paraben free and has an SPF.  The coverage is pretty good for me, but I don't have super dark circles.  It's Ole Henriksen Perfect Truth™ CC Eye Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 15.  I like it more than anything else I've tried.

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

I have dryness around my eyes sometimes as well and Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is amazing for that. It brightens and covers up my dark circles, never cakes or creases, and never shows dryness. I also use it on dry areas of my face and it never shows the dry flaky skin. 

foreverteresa

I've actually tried the Nars concealer, unfortunately, it somewhat accentuates for dark circles. I'm not sure why, because that doesn't seem to be the case for anyone else. However, I do love it for hyperpigmentation. Thanks for the recommendation though :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • reflectsgold
    • anaa
    • brittany0859
    • Tiffy20
    • Kiki1517
    • taylorkiryluik