0mgitsalice

Best foundation for prom?

(0) Hearts

Hey!

My prom is coming up and i am looking for a foundation that is photogenic and natural looking. 

My skin is combo oily, with normal skin but pretty oily nose and forehead. The problem with my skin is that i suffer from pretty bad redness between my brows, and usually, oily will start to ooz out after 4-5 hours of using primer+foudation+powder, and my pores will start to show. Not a pleasant look! :smileysad: 

Could any experts here recommend me a foundation that is photogenic, not too cakey, not matte (i dont like matte finish), perferably natural looking, has coverage, and stays put for at least 6 hours. I would like to use your recommendations and get samples from sephora and try them out, since some foundations tend to make me super oily.

TIA!

dianabt

Re: Best foundation for prom?

(0) Hearts

Hello 0mgitsalice,

I'd suggest a mattifying primer, a good medium coverage and oil free foundation that will look flawless in photos and a makeup setting spray:

Givenchey Mister Mat Mattifying Primer will keep shine away

Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer

Becca Ever Matte Poreless Primer is also great if you have larger pores you wish to conceal under makeup as well:

Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector™

For foundation, try the Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free (I myself have combination skin with an oily t zone and this foundation works wonders for me!)

Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

Or even try Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX  Foundation which looks amazing in photos and has a buildable coverage:

High Definition Healthy FX Foundation SPF 15

You may also like the MUFE HD foundation which I use everyday- works great with my combination skin but even better with a mattifying primer, a light translucent powder on top and my favorite, a makeup setting spray:

HD Invisible Cover Foundation

Kat Von D Lock N Load Makeup Setting Mist

Lock 'N Load Makeup Setting Mist

Urban Decay De Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray

If you can, please visit your local store and cast member will gladly provide you with samples and color match you to your pefect shade. :smileyhappy: Have fun at your prom!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • 0mgitsalice