Superstr13

Best foundation for oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin

(0) Hearts

Hi all,

I am searching for a medium coverage foundation that is good for oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin and will not settle into creases/lines.  I recently discovered I break out from sunscreen or anything with oxides, so a more natural product would be best.

I am 30 with fair skin, brown hair, and blue eyes. 

Any suggestions you can provide would be most appreciated!

Thank you!

jennypenny1995

Re: Best foundation for oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin

(0) Hearts

I agree: powder formula is best.  I used several powder formulas from different brands and had caking and/or settling into pores and lines, too.  But, my lucky charm/Holy Grail is Lancome's Dual Finish foundation.  I apply it with a damp sponge for buildable coverage (dry sponge for sheer coverage), and it never, ever settles.  It lasts 10+ hrs, too!  It has no SPF in it, either.  Because I'm fair skin like you, I have always had trouble finding a light enough shade that I didn't have to carry it down onto my neck or whatever.  Not with this formula!  Dual Finish comes in a very wide shade range.  I got matched in my local Sephora store, so try it!  Best foundation ever!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Have you ever considered a powder foundation? Those can work great for oily skin by helping to absorb and control not just oil, but also prevent the skin from looking too moist or dewy.

MUFE's Duo Matte Powder helps to absorb oil and shine. Most foundations (be it liquid, powder, or mineral) will normally contain some type of oxide (be it titanium dioxide or iron oxides), these are natural ingredients and can be found in small traces in the Kat Von D and MUFE foundations.

Josie Maran's Match Maker Argan foundation powder is suited for sensitive skin, Amazing Cometics has a pressed and loose mineral foundation, Korres offers a mineral foundation but does contain iron oxides/titanium dioxide to some degree. You might want to get samples or test these in stores.

Superstr13

(0) Hearts

Hi Lylysa, 

I used powder for years but felt it wasn't giving me enough coverage, looked cakey, and settled into lines. However, maybe I was not using the right product.  

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check these out!

Superstr13

(0) Hearts

Great, thanks everyone!  

I have tried Tarte and although I absolutely loved the makeup itself, the sunscreen broke me out. Bummer!

I will give Kat Von D a try as well. 

deedjw

(0) Hearts

I'm going to recommend Kat Von D's Lock-It Tattoo foundation as well! I use it in light 42 & find it has amazing staying power despite my oily skin.  I do find I have to exfoliate reguarly or it sticks to dry patches.  But exfoliating is great for the skin anyway so it just means I'm taking better care of myself.  lol

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Superstr13,

Have you looked at the Tarte makeup? It is the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour Full Coverage Foundation with SPF 15. I like this foundation since it is a bit more natural based but has a clay base that works great for oily and combination skin types.

Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
BrendaAleman123

(0) Hearts

I have the same problem and trust me I have used alooottt of foundations(drugstore and high brand). I recommend Kat von D foundation or bare minerals those worked perfect for me except bare minerals is powder foundation(downside I know). Good Luck!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa
    • Superstr13
    • deedjw
    • BrendaAleman123