lreagan

Best facial sunscreen to wear under makeup?

None of my makeup products have sunscreen in them so I've been looking to add a sunscreen to my skincare routine in the morning. I bought this oil-free one by Murad because I have oily, acne-prone skin:

http://www.sephora.com/oil-free-sunblock-spf-30-P146230?skuId=908921

I put a very small amount all over my face as my last step in my skincare routine (after moisturizer). When I went to apply my makeup, I noticed my foundation looked... bad. It was cakey and accentuating my pores when it normally looks flawless. The only thing I did differently was add the sunscreen. Is there a facial sunscreen that people use under their makeup that doesn't change how their makeup applies? I normally love Murad's products but I am not loving how this sunscreen makes my makeup look like badly applied makeup. I'd prefer one that is oil-free and wouldn't make me break out.

sephoramusthave

Re: Best facial sunscreen to wear under makeup?

(0) Hearts

Chemical SPF breaks me out and irritates my skin, so I can only use natural sunscreens, or sunscreens that have natural SPF in them. I use Mychelle Sun Shield under cream/liquid foundations and TM/BB creams. Under powder foundations, I use Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 50...its a bit hard to find for a drugstore item. I can only find it at CVS and ULTA. I really like the Neutrogena one because it sets to a complete matte finish so makeup goes on real nice, and if you usually wear face primer before your foundation, you dont need to with this item.

keelybt

(0) Hearts

My favorite is Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40.  It goes on smoothly and absorbs nicely.  I've never had any changes in the way my makeup applies on top.

swfupload_5968820801370170527.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/protect-daily-sun-protection-argan-oil-infused-spf-40-P261006?skuId=1242304

valentinamia

CeraVe and Cetaphil have good daytime moisturizers that won't clog or irritate acne-prone skin. They range anywhere from SPF 15-50! And I've never experienced bad makeup application when I've used these. Hope this helps!

prettyinpa

I use LaRoche Posay Redermic +UV SPF 25 under foundation most days when I'm not going to be outside for much. It has great anti-aging properties and doesn't make my makeup ball up like the Murad does.

On days with more sun, I use LaRoche Posay Anthelios 60 Ultralight Sunscreen Fluid. It has a higher SPF, doesn't interfere with makeup and absorbs very well into my oily skin. Both do not cause breakouts and feel very lightweight when applied.

Hope this helps!

elnxio

as acne sufferer with hyperpigmented scars that must be protected from the sun, I myself have been on the search for the perfect sunscreen and I keep hearing good reviews about La Roche-Posay! I must go down to my local CVS and grab a bottle now. Thanks!

prettyinpa

@elnxio-  My dermatologist actually gave me a sample of the LaRoche Posay Ultralight because I was complaining that I hate sunscreen with an odor, and she said that this one is a huge Derm favorite as well as patients, since it is so easy to wear. Her big complaint is that people don't wear sunscreen because it makes them break out or feels gooey, which makes the Ultralight so special.

Good luck!

drrragon

hi lreagan, I had that same problem with a Dermaquest sunscreen, it made my foundation look awful and uneven.  For the last couple of months I've been using Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Tone Correcting Moisture SPF 30.  It's really nice and lightweight, not sticky at all, absorbs easily and doesn't interfere with foundation application.  I like it especially because it also includes anti-aging ingredients like niacinamide, retinol, and vitamin C and E.

lreagan

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for the recommendation! I'll definitely check it out.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • drrragon
    • valentinamia
    • lreagan