mabango

Best eye cream for fine lines for 50 year old

kssweetheart

Re: Best eye cream for fine lines for 50 year old

(0) Hearts

Hi again! I also wanted to mention that you should apply your eye cream using your ring finger to pat it under the eye area and up to the hair line. Your finger actually exerts the least amount of pressure, so it's the most gentle & beneficial eye cream applicator. The act of patting your eye cream under your eye can actually help release a little big of congestion that may be in that area. Some eye creams do not like to be patted for any length of time, some want to be patted just enough to cover the skin and no more, you'll find out as you try it. If you already knew this, sorry, but maybe it'll help somebody else.

You should also be careful not to bring your eye cream too close to your eye. Most eye creams are more emollient than things like face cream and they tend to migrate a bit, some more than others. So if you are experiencing any eye irritation, it could be that you went just a bit too close the the eye. Hope this helps, best of luck. :smileyhappy:

rdesigns

I have found that the Clarisonic Opal works wonderfully for applying eye creams :smileyhappy:  Just don't press too hard - it should just "tickle" the skin.  Many people use too much pressure which defeats the purpose. HTH :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

I've seen the Opal and I'm really curious about it. When I saw it on QVC, they made it seem like you Have to use their eye cream with it - is that untrue?

Have you seen a big difference while using Opal? Do your creams work better in the long run? Thanks in advance. :smileyhappy:

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

You definitely do NOT have to use their eye product with it - any serum will do...eye creams (typically white in color and a little more liquidy) don't work as well...but serums are perfect for it because it's more gel-like

I do feel like it's better with than without using the Opal - feel like the skin is "soaking up" the product better.

kssweetheart

I love Bobbi Brown's Eye Cream, my concealer goes on so beautifully over it. Only problem is, I don't remember if it was the Hydrating Eye Cream or the Extra Eye Repair Cream - have to find the empty one. I will purchase this again and I'm thinking since you have fine lines the Hydrating formula might be fine. I'm in the process of trying many others that I've been purchasing. Origins GinZing is pretty good too, you might like it. I'm not 100% sure I'd purchase it again but I haven't crossed it off the list completely - you should try to get a sample of it, I think you might like it.

I've only dabbled with Ole Henricksen Perfect Truth CC Eye Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 15, tried it once, but have some samples of it and will play with it some more. The nice thing is that you have your concealer right there and an SPF, which your eyes will thank you for as the years roll by. I posted on 2 "Eye Cream' threads shortly before x-mas, I'll see if I can search and find them, I went through numerous creams on those threads.

Philosophy has some really good eye creams. Eye hope is Great, I used it for a few years and only recently have begun playing around and seeing what else is out there, I would definitely use thing again. I used The Miracle Worker Retinoid Eye Cream for a while and it was interesting. After a couple of days I noticed a bit if flakey-ness, which seemed to be the skin exfoliating (we don't always think the skin in that area needs to be exfoliated, but I guess it's like the rest of your skin, and as you age, your body doesn't self-exfoliate the way it did when you were younger. :smileysad: ) I did call Philosophy to ask them about it and they thought it was a bit strange, which I honestly thought was strange - Retinoids do that, don't they? Weird. Anyhow, I just used it less frequently. It was nice to have it in my arsenal, it did help to make the skin a bit smoother. Philosophy has many, many wonderful kits that would be a great place to start, then you can try out a number of products and it's usually an excellent value and great introduction to Philosophy.

Don't even get me started on The Oxygen Peel by Philosophy!!! It is the HG of HG's!!! Love!!!

Perricone Cold Plasma is supposed to be excellent, although it's really pricey and I don't know if you're in need of such power for such fine lines, if you have the disposable cash you could always play with that. There are a bunch of amazing products, searching for those pre-holiday 'eye cream' threads might be a great idea.

I hope this helped you out and I look forward to seeing you come back and tell us all about the Eye Cream of your Dreams! :smileyhappy:

rdesigns

I am 50+ and have had very good results with Perricone's Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum used with Shiseido Benefiance eye cream during the day, and with Obagi Elastiderm eye cream at night.  

kssweetheart

These all sound like such Amazing eye creams, I've been eye-balling the Perricone Acyl-Gluta...you know which I mean. Can you tell me more about this?

I don't have a lot of wrinkles and I've always been very good about using eye cream, the past few years I haven't been as good and I did notice a little bit of a change. I freaked out a bit and said out loud, Really Out LOUD, "What the......" I can't tell you the rest, I'll get bleeped out. Yeah, so I said, What The Bleep??? I realized that it's mostly since I was on a medication that left the apples of my cheeks a bit fuller - when I smile, that pudgy area makes the skin under my eyes crinkle up a bit, so that's the culprit. I just have to stop smiling! Not!!! Thanks for any info, I appreciate it.

rdesigns

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have virtually no wrinkles either (thank goodness lol!!), but I was experiencing some textural changes in my upper eyelids.  The Perricone product really has started to work in a positive way.  It has taken a while, but I definitely do see improvement.  I should have taken a before and after photo...  The other interesting thing about the Perricone product is that it provides an immediate (but temporary) tightening effect of the skin.  I have to be careful with the lower lids sometimes because it makes them a bit too tight if I use too much product.  Many people complain that the product can be drying, but the instructions say that it can be followed with an eye cream (which I use), and I have never experienced any dryness when using cream over it.  Hope that helps! :smileyhappy:

Edit:  I also wanted to add that the Obagi Elastiderm (recommended by both physicians and spas) and the Shiseido Benefiance eye creams are the only eye creams I have ordered multiple times.  I have tried an insane amount of eye creams over the last 30+ years, but never liked any of them enough to buy more than once until I found these creams.  I also love the Shiseido Eye Masks - use them once or twice a week and my eyes look flawless afterwards :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

This is awesome info, thanks. :smileyhappy: When I was about 13 a woman at a cosmetics counter said that I had fine lines around my eyes.....what? I didn't have a wrinkle or a pore or a crease of a freckle. I'm super fair skinned and hate to say it, but my complexion was always flawless until I had a problem with Cystic Acne. That woman was Nuts!! I am, however, very grateful to her. She made me terribly paranoid and that's what got me started on eye creams by the age of 18.

I do need some tightening of that upper eyelid, even if it's just temporary. Are there any cumulative benefits at all? If you can put an eye cream over it to prevent drying, I kinda wonder if people didn't read all of the literature. I think it would bother me if there's too much tightening on the under-eye area, that's a great tip. Do you use concealer over it? Do you find that Perricone's products don't have a long shelf life?

You must be reading from my love list - Shiseido Eye Masks are on there too. Good to know you love it. Thanks a bunch. :smileyhappy:

leolion

I love the philosophy line, and I recently purchased a new product they have called Full of Promise"  for eyes.  It is double sided -one for upper and the other for under eye, so it is two formulas in one.  It causes no irritation ( I wear contacts) wears very well under makeup- does not make my fine line more visible or cause my mascara to smudge, and I like the texture and moisturizing quality of it.  I feel it work very well in every way, and most people rate it very highly.  Hope this helps- check it out (I'm 39).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • kssweetheart
    • mabango
    • leolion
    • rdesigns
    • kimchikween