humanesque

Best bb/cc/tinted moisturizer to combat shine/oil?

Hello! So far the best I've tried are Dr. Brandt BB and Laura Mercier TM but wondering if there's something better, especially with humidity...also wondering which Smashbox (cc or bb) controls shine more? Thx!

wingatprsct

Re: Best bb/cc/tinted moisturizer to combat shine/oil?

[ Edited ]

I haven't tried Dr. Brandt but I found Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream to be more matte than the CC cream.  It also has more coverage than Laura Mercier TM.  I do use a mineral setting powder (Korres) with the BB cream. It may not be enough oil-control for your skin's needs as I am not as oily as I used to be ten years ago.  Hope you find something that works for you.

humanesque

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I will try the BB cream then...matte is good!

melissabt

Hi Humanesque,

For your skin type and what you're looking for, I highly recommend the Dr. Brandt BB Matte With Signature Shinerase™. It provides a really matte finish and creates a flawless finish.

In my opinion the Smashbox BB and CC creams have more of a dewy finish.

dr brandt.jpg

<3 Melissa
humanesque

(0) Hearts

Hi Melissa, 

That's actually the Dr. Brandt BB I already have! It's good, but I didn't find it controlled shine or oil any more than others I have tried. Then again, it's been horribly humid lately, so maybe I should hold off on my reservations...But any other suggestions? I use a toner after washing my face and then a very thin layer of milk of magnesia (really does help with oil), a trick I learned about online a few months ago.

poshified

I need to try this!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • poshified
    • wingatprsct
    • humanesque
Photos1